Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday....it's about time you arrived!!!


Did this week drag for anyone else like it did for me?!?  TGIF!!!!  Here's a few things from the week that was!


{ONE}  I had been thinking for a while that I wanted to get a sign made up with the blog's name on it.  I have lots of space above the windows in my house and thought a sign going straight across might look good there.  I had it custom made on Etsy and it came this week!!  I am really happy with the way it came out and am so glad I finally decided to do it!  The Etsy store I got it from was the Litzon Sign Shop.  Really attentive customer service, fast shipping and great results!!  Getting this in the mail was definitely a highlight of the week!!


{TWO}  This damn boot!!  I can't say this is really a favorite from the week...but this damn boot!!  My last three posts have been about this boot! And I'm still wearing it!!! It's not easy...that's for sure!  It's a good thing the library and the lab are so close together...I can only go about 10 steps before I have to hold on to something.  And for serious, there are only SO many outfits I can pair with black leggings!!!  LOL....but really I'm crying on the inside! Thanks though for all the kind words about my WIWW post.  I appreciate it!!


{THREE}  This week I got an MRI for this ankle situation. I gotta say, it wasn't the most fun I've had!  If you have ever had one you know that it really loud and annoying.  And you can't move a muscle.  But just then, I had an itch!!  LOL  And then as it's counting down and each sound, bang and hum changed, it sucks you in a little more. I gotta little panicky but I made it through!  Now for more waiting on the results!! 


{FOUR} I know many of us follow the McKinney, Texas girls' blogs!  On Monday I went to link up with Andrea for her monthly What's On post, but instead found out that it was Manda Monday!  Andrea, Erika, Sheaffer, Shay, and Narci all dedicated blog posts to Manda, their friend who has been diagnosed with cancer for the third time.  She began her battle once again this week and the girls' posts helped to spread the word to lift Manda in prayer.  (As I am going back over my list, I am realizing that all I'm doing is complaining about having this stupid boot on my leg!  This woman is bravely battling cancer and I am complaining about a boot!  Geezzz, who am I? I will stop now!)  Please add Manda to your prayers and check out the really cool shirts they are selling to raise money for her and her family here!  #mandastrong



{FIVE}  Who couldn't use a Friday Funny!!  Have you seen this? The first time I did, I didn't actually SEE it per say, just heard it from the kitchen!!  It made me laugh!!  Pretty good marketing...





Have a great weekend everyone!  Who else is celebrating a three-day weekend?!?  Enjoy it!!
Katie


LIKE The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life on FACEBOOK!

Linking up this Friday with:
Lauren Elizabeth for High Five on Friday
ErikaAndrea, and Narci for Friday Favorites 
September Farm and The Farmer's Wife for Oh Hey, Friday!
Lauren at Style Elixir and her co-hosts
Darci and the girls for Five on Friday...back in action!!  YAY!

16 comments:

  1. Damn boot! I hate MRI's I had to have one a few years ago and since they had to put my whole body in the thing I freaked out....a slight bit claustraphobic! Didn't work out too well. I love that funny I crack up when I see it on tv. Praying for Manda! Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long will you have to wear the boot? Cute sign!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley! Thanks! Not sure yet how long I'm in the boot...hopefully it comes off sooner than later! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that you made a sign for your blog, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sign is so cute. Such a great idea. I just may have to borrow your idea and have a sign made with my blog name :) Sorry to hear about your struggles with the boot. Hang in there. It'll get better !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Boots do suck. I had to wear one for 6 weeks once!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sign! I made a bumper sticker to advertise the blog on my car.lol Also, the boot needs its own Instagram. I feel like you could really have a good time with it! I'm praying that you get good results back on your MRI and for Manda as well. I don't know her, but my heart goes out to her!

    Tif @ Bright on a Budget
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tif! I appreciate it! A bumper stickers a great idea too!!! I'll look into that instagram!! Hahahaha

      Delete
  7. you really are rocking that boot!!
    I hear you with this week, it felt like the longest EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Katie! So sorry to see you are still stuck in that boot but if anyone can make a boot look like a fashion accessory, it is you! Love your sign. Could I see a larger picture of where you display it? I would love to copycat that idea. Adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! I actually don't have it hung up yet but it's going above the windows in my entryway! When I hang it I'll definitely send you a pic!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!