Monday, December 22, 2014

Lazy Weekend

I am officially on vacation...WOO HOO!!!

12 p.m. Friday marked the start of vacation.  We all celebrated with a school luncheon at a local restaurant!  It's one of my faves in town...never a bad meal there.  I had a great time chatting with my teacher friends. But I was really excited to be on vacation!!  The Christnas lunch was my first stop of the day!

In the beginning of the week, my sister had texted everybody and mentioned that my uncle was coming to town and wanted everyone to go to dinner on Friday night!  I immediately said yes of course, because it was at another favorite place, a place my family has been gonig to since it opened.   Then I went lunch on Friday!  I got home and wanted to to nothing but veg out on the couch and do NOTHING!!!  I dont know what it is about eating a big meal for lunch that gets me, but I was so tired!!
But alas, I got changed went over to my parents and headed out to dinner!  At least when I eat out, I know it's a good meal and since I have yet to go food shopping since I got home from the OBX a month ago, I was at least looking forward to that!! LOL (Just Kidding, Mom!)  I was looking forward to it!  I didn't need to be worried about being stuffed because by the time we ate it was about 9 o'clock!! And it was the most fun I've had in a long time!!  So many laughs!!  I just love my family!  We basically overtook the place and closed it!  And everyone left with parting gifts!  HAHAHAHAHA

Saturday and Sunday I really didn't leave the house!  And I was totally ok with it!  It was sort of the calm before the storm that is this week, hits!  And also the reason this post is more words, not pics!  No one wants to see my in sweats with no make up on...it's too scary!!

Much of Saturday I spent cleaning and organizing. The last week at school is always so busy and I had something after school every night so I was pretty tired by the time I got home, and really neglected the house!  I cleaned, organized the laundry that was still in the basket from last Sunday, did some more laundry and organized under the tree.  And believe it or not, I still did some shopping online!  It's awesome that stores are still offering delivery by Christmas!

Sunday was quite the lazy day also.  I actually slept late and woke up with a head cold and cough...BOOOOO!!   So I took some medicine and lounged on the couch watching cheesy Christmas movies on TV.  I did manage to get up and shower...then continued vegging on my couch watching the Sound of Music Sing-along.  Gotta say...I loved that!!  HA!!  Took some Nyquil and headed to bed after that!!

It was a quiet weekend, which you just sometimes need!  This week is going to be a crazy busy one, so I was glad to have it! Have a Happy Monday everyone!

*Since Wednesday Christmas Eve, I'll be back tomorrow with my What I Wore during the Winter Challenge post!!  See you then!!*

Katie

Linking up today for:
Weekending with B Loved Boston and Champagne & Suburbs
Manic Monday with On the Daily Express and More Pieces of Me
Monday Madness with Ashley at A Cute Angle

7 comments:

  1. Glad you got to enjoy some quiet time before the craziness of the holidays fully hits! And seriously, what did we do before online shopping? I was totally placing some last-minute orders last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no, sorry you are getting a cold! I had one last week and it was a like a cold Plus. I felt extra weak and tired for a few days. :/ Anyway, hope you recover quickly and can't wait to see your winter style challenge post!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO vacation....booo getting a cold :(! Hope it goes away super quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon especially since it sounds like you're going to have a lot going on!! Enjoy this time off girl!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sounds like it's about to get crazy (of course--duh, elle) so i hope you're a-ok by then! i'm getting over 9 weeks of being sick so i feel ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you're feeling sick at the start of your vacation - hope you're better soon. I love a weekend where I can just relax!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!