Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Loves for 2018

Since this is really my official, official first friday of 2018 with out a vacation or snow day attached, I thought I'd jump into the Friday Loves pool, since I think I've got my groove back.  So here we go...


Some love from around the blogs this week:

Spread the Love Gift Exchange
The Ladies of The Blended Blog are hosting a spread the Love Gift Exchange for fun and love in the month of February. Sign up to be matched with a friend from the US or Canada and send them a little gift to brighten their day!  You can find full details and the sign up here!


Chatting over Chocolate
When I posted my final blog of the year on New Year's Eve, I wasn't sure how much I'd end up posting to the blog in 2018.  I knew I didn't want to let it go completely, but thought, the way things were going these last few months that I'd take a step back.  Then I read Brenda's 5th Blogiversary post and the 5 Ways blogging has changed her life.  I just love Brenda.  We've been fans of one another for probably almost five years!! It sparked something in me...and made me want to blog more this year, not less!! Read Brenda's post here!  I've bookmarked and saved!!
Sweet Brenda and her Beautiful Family!

Getting Linky with It!
To that end, I've decided to jump into some new link-ups this year.  It's always fun to find new link ups.  After a few bloggers posted their ten on the tenth with Erin at Perfectly Port Family, I thought I'd give it a try too.  And this first post for the new year was totally something I could do! As opposed to next month's that prompt's you to talk about your spouse!  HA!!  {Forever Single!} But maybe I'll switch it up and talk about the ten things I want in a man!!  Stay tuned!! I'm no stranger to shring all the random about me!  Head here to read more and find all the fun links and maybe a few new blogs here!

Jenny in the City
Jenny, formally of Much ado about Jenny has reimerged into the blogging world this week with a new blog and sasy new attitude.  Jenny is so much fun!  I was able to meet her briefly in real life two summers ago.  We chatted, drank, and laughed!  Nothing better.  Jenny is sweet and genuine!! On Tuesday she posted about a woman named Holly Butcher who penned a letter to be released upon her death.  People, I clearly have been living under a rock, because how did I not know about this.  Beautiful, heartbreaking, and raw!!  Jenny posted the whole letter on her blog that you can read here!!  It's another one I've bookmarked to read over and over!
Jenny and I meeting IRL!!

More of a Social Media Presence than a Blog Presence
I think lots of people these have more of a following on Facebbok or Instagram than they do a blog per' say.  That's the case with Amy Weatherly. FB alerted her to me while I was home during my snow days last week! (Or maybe I saw a post a friend liked or something) She hops on and does videos and funny relateble posts.   I started clicking around and liked what I saw.  Are you already familiar with her?  Am I late to the party??  You can check her find her links to Social media here!


Thanks so much for visiting today!  And have a great weekend!  Is it a long weekend for you as well??


Linking up today with The Blended Blog for Friday Loves, Erika for Friday Favorites, Tif for H54F

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Katie! When I popped by your blog this morning I didn't know I'd be leaving with tears in my eyes and such a full heart! :) Thank you so much, sweet friend!! I'm so glad that we connected through the blogging world years ago, and you make me so happy that I continued blogging myself! Looking forward to many more years of friendship and blogging!! ;) xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your year is off to a great start, Katie! I've been so lucky to make so many friends through blogging. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am weirdly private about social media outside of blogging, I am not sure why! Sounds like a great first couple weeks of January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok...first off...SHUT UP!! Amy Weatherly is a friend of mine!! She worked at a boutique here in town and use to dress me up back when she was still single. She's going to piss her pants when I tell her about this!! And Jenny..had no idea she was blogging again!! Thanks for sharing girl. I literally just wrote down the 10 on the 10th prompts...really going to try these in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been noticing lately that a lot of my favorite bloggers have more of a social media presence than on their blog. I need to get better at using social media this year. The only social media platform I used a lot last year was Goodreads, which I loved. That site is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to check out these awesome bloggers! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday! I found your blog through a comment on Brenda's. She really is the sweetest! I think you're right, there is a lot more presence on social media than there seems to be in the blogging world these days. I hope you have a great weekend! Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think 10 things you want in a man would be perfect for next month!! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've thought about stopping blogging - but if I hadn't started, I wouldn't have met you! So fun that you met Jenny - I'm so glad she's blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for including me friend! And yes, Holly’s story is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all of this...so much to comment on but I'm going to just say I'm glad Jenny is back and now I gotta get over there and read her stuff- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!