Friday, June 20, 2014

MY 5...Summer Essentials!

I LOVE Summer and this time next week the school year will be OVER and with any hope I will be somewhere...anywhere...lounging in the sun and LOVING every minute of it!  So since my summer starts Tuesday, I'd thought I'd share with you MY 5 summer essentials!!


ONE: A Hat
This is gonna be the summer of the hat...I've said it a million times! Because the sun spots on my face are getting so bad, I'm gonna be sporting all sorts of hats...fedoras, big floppy hats, baseball caps, visors...you name it, I'll be wearing it!

TWO: Sunnies!!
I don't go for the expensive ones (because when I do they get lost or ruined!  HA!) I don't mind though because I like to switch them up with different outfits!  But aviators are ones I wear most often!  {This} is the pair I bought this summer!  I really would like a mirrored pair of aviators but I'm still not sure I can pull them off!  

THREE: Neutrogena Visibly Even Moisturizer
Because My face is so terrible these days,  I picked this up hoping it will help!  It has SPF 30 in it.  I use it daily lately but when I put it on,  I think it definitely feels like your putting on sunscreen!! Find out more about it {here}

FOUR: A good chick-lit, beach read!
Sadly, I'm STILL Reading The One & Only by Emily Giffin. I got it a few weeks ago when it first came out and hoped to have it finished.  Sadly, crazy, end-of-year shenanigans got in the way!  But now, with the time off, I WILL finish it...and read about 30 more books!!  What are you reading this summer? Tell me in the comments below!!

FIVE: Summer 2014 Playlist
A good summer playlist on my iPod to listen to on the beach or at the pool is a must!!  I listen to a lot of country but the summer playlist is a mix of everything...it's just plain fun!  Some of the songs on my Summer 2014 list are:

Fancy- Iggy Azalea 
All I Do is Win- DJ Khaled feat. Luda
Timber- Pitball feat. Ke$ha 
Am I Wrong Nico & Vinz
Island Song- Zac Brown Band
Rum- Brothers Osborne
Beachin'- Jake Owen
Calvin Harris- Summer
Rude- Magic!
Boom Clap- Charli XCX

What are your summer essentials?  Let me know in the comments below!


Have a great summer everyone!  Enjoy the sun, fun and everything in between!
Katie 
via

Linking up today with Lauren Elizabeth for High Five on Friday and Lauren at Style Elixir for Friday's Fab Favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!