Monday, July 7, 2014

What's On....My Menu!

Well this is a Solitary Life post if there ever was one!!!! 

I'm gonna be honest here....there's not much on my menu!!!  LOL...but I haven't missed one of Andrea's What's on...link-ups and I didn't want to start now. {Living this Solitary Life I do}, I kinda don't cook too often for myself. I don't like it.  By the time you prep everything and make it, and cook it...when it's done, I just don't want it anymore!  I suppose it would be different if I was cooking for someone...my family or husband (chefs please apply!) perhaps, but I'm not!  I have a million dishes pinned and a box full of recipes that I want to try....some day!! Just not today!!  That is not to say that I DON'T eat....because I do.  These are three staples currently in rotation on my menu!!


Salsa Chicken- This is sooooo easy!!!  Here's proof....I put this recipe in a cookbook my school sold as a fundraiser years ago!  HA!
And I can cook a single piece of chicken just for me.  Everything gets tucked in a foil packet too, so clean-up's a breeze!!

Here's the recipe:
Place chicken breast in the middle of a piece of foil. Coat with a tablespoonful of salsa and a spoonful of mexi-corn (or just corn's ok too!) Wrap chicken up in foil, making a breathable packet.  Place in 450* oven for 18-22 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Remove from oven and carefully open the packet.  Sprinkle shredded cheese (mexican blend, or your fave) on top of the chicken, closing packet to let it melt for a few minutes before plating (don't return to oven). Serve with tortilla chips and/or rice.

Salmon
Another thing I place in a foil packet and cook!  I've only been doing this recently but it comes out really good.  I throw it on the foil, coat it with a Balsamic dressing with honey I found, add a teaspoon of garlic, and bake it for 15 minutes on 425*

Quesadillas
I make these with my queasdilla maker.  So easy, so quick!!

This pic was actually one I used for Andrea and Erika's Instagram challenges in May!  And no I do not drink margaritas every time I make quesadillas!!  =)


And sometimes, I might just eat a bowl of cereal or a peanut butter sandwich for dinner! And that's fine with me!! Or I eat out...which this summer has been happening more often then not.  And that can get expensive, but I always take leftovers home, which then helps me believe I'm getting my money's worth!!


I can't wait to see what everyone else has linked up!!  Hoping I can find a few things to add to this very short list!!

See previous What's On... posts here!

Have a great week!!

Katie



1 comment:

  1. I need to try that salsa chicken!!
    And I often eat bowls of cereal for lunch or dinner. It's filling, and easy :)
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!