Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Style Perspective Series

So excited!  Today The Blended Blog is launching a new series called Style Perspectives!  Here's the scoop!


14 bloggers each picked a look that defined their personal style.  
The featured blogger on the Blended Blog showcases her signature style (the prompt for that day) and then the other bloggers (on their personal blogs) show how they interpret it.  
Make sure you stop by the Blended Blog to see the featured lady.  
Please link up on the Blended Blog to show us how you would wear the prompt!


Daily Style Finds: The Personal Stylist
Foxy's Domestic Side: The Crafty Engineer
Grumbling Grace: Toddler Tamer & Teacher
Simply Shaunacey: Reformed Frumpy Mommy
Two Teens and Their Mama: Stylish Midlife Mama
RSquared: The Not So Nerdy Accountant
Shoes to Shiraz: The Shoe Hoarding French Teacher
Puppies and Pretties: Cube Dwelling Fashionista
Mishaps and Mayhem of Solitary Life:  Single Girl, Simple Style
A Lovely Little Wardrobe: A Casual Petite
Making the Most of Everyday Classic Yet Current Over Forty 
NickandNik: Mama with Curves
Living on Cloud Nine: Blissful Fashionista



So today Leslie's kicking off the day with her look...a wrap/outer layers!  My interpretation is a little different because I don't have a wrap.  But I do have a number of blanket scarves, so I chose to style one of those. 


Spring is getting close...but it's not here yet.  So the days are warming up but the nights are still super chilly. So I tend to dress in, or bring more, to add layers, when needed.

 I wore this look to dinner recently.  It was still pretty warm out when I headed to an early dinner, so I headed out like this.  This is my favorite military jacket.  Perfect to wear across the seasons and layer with.  I bought it from Piper Street Shop last fall.  It's no longer available, but you can check out similar ones here!


I threw my scarf in my bag for later, when the sun went down and it'd be cold.  It's also good for when the restaurant is chilly.


I have a few military jackets and many blanket scarves.  They are favorites to wear this time of year when Mother Nature can't make up her mind and the perfect pieces for layering!!

Check out a few more looks with my favorite blanket scarves as an accessory here and here!

Don't forget to hop around and check out how all the ladies of TBB interpreted the looks!  And link up with us too!!  Find out more about each look, each week and all the details here!!




17 comments:

  1. Great outfit girl - wearing a blanket scarf is an art form lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the cutest!! Way to rock that blanket scarf!! Love your look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blanket scarves! Great look!

    Becky
    www.bybmgblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to Military jackets and blanket scarves. I think they look so great on everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for blanket scarfs!! Great looks (love stripes and plaid)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how have I never thought to pair my military jacket with my blanket scarf?!?!?! GENIUS! You win!

    Simply Shaunacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. My blanket scarf and military jacket are one of my fave pairings. I'm a teeny bit sad to see my blanket scarves put away...it's already heated up quite nicely here. Big bonus for the blanket scarves is my daughter loves using it as a blanket for car rides...haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacket + scarf = perfection! Really really enjoy this look. You've inspired me to get out my scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You style the blanket scarf so well! I usually give up - but you have encouraged me to style it again.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always look so great in the blanket scarf. I never can figure it out! Thanks for introducing me to Piper Street - they have such cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blanket scarf and stripes look for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blanket scarf. I just bought one and had to cut it in half because it was to hot. The good news was I got to gift the other half to a friend! Lookin' good Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so cute! This is such a fun idea! I have zero creativity with fashion...unless I steal it from a fellow blogger! Can't wait to see what you girls have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  14. In my "research" for the TBB post, I saw many great military/cargo-ish jackets and vests. They are really trending right now and you wear yours so well. Love that it isn't the typical olive drab, even though that is one of my all-time fav colors. And IMO, you are the queen (no, you are too young to be queen) - make that princess of styling the blanket scarf. Always perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I Love that jacket! I have an olive one that is similar, but would totally love a navy one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The jacket and blanket scarf looks so pretty together!

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!