Tuesday, September 5, 2017

It's OKAY...the Back-to-School Edition


Back to work today!  It was for meetings..tomorrow's the real first day!  With the kids!  after today I have mixed emotions.  There's lots happening and changing, so I thought today was as good a day to link up for It's OKAY Tuesday!  Because sometimes you just gotta take a deep breath, blog, and bitch, and think...it's OKAY!




It's okay....

-to set 8 alarms and snooze them each a half dozen times after a summer off!

-to be excited to see teacher friends...

-then be deflated by 7:30 a.m. and think it's all downhill from here!

-to want it...and not.

-to go out for drinks after school on the first day

-to love of my public library!

-to treat myself  an Erin Condren Teacher Planner...even though I said I wasn't gonna spend money in September!

-to feel accomplished after finally getting a Peapod order after 6 months!  (EEEKKKK..that's a lotta pasta and eating out!!

-to be in bed by 9:30 because you didn't sleep a wink the night before the first day!

-to be going to bed with knots in my stomach.


Here's to a better day tomorrow....it will be!!

THE KIDS ARRIVE!!  And the second I see them...it'll fix everything!!!


Thanks for stopping by today...it makes my day!  Hope you had a great Tuesday!!







6 comments:

  1. So sweet, Katie! Hope you're first day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    I have a love/hate relationship with the alarm clock. Through the week, I get up (I'm a SAHM) and then wake DH up. I think his alarm clock (me) is a nicer one than that annoying electric thing-a-boob! :D I haven't worked outside the home in nearly 30-years, since I quit to stay home with my first child but I do recall hitting snooze. It always threw me in a total panic once we did get up. It's definitely okay to be excited to see your co-workers after the summer break. As a kid, I remember being excited to see friends and even teachers when I went back to school but the honeymoon was generally a short one. Another definite okay point is going to bed early. I get up at 4am. DH is on flex time, so the earlier he makes it in the office the quicker he gets home. It's really nice having that extra time together in the evenings. Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll decide to hit the dance floor with me on Mondays. Have a good week and school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your first day with kids was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my library too.

    Ugh and alarms drive me nuts. I wake up at 555 during the week, and it hurts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!