Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas Bucket List: 5 things I'd love to do this Holiday Season!

Happy Friday!  And happy First Day of December!  What??  Where does the time go.  I'm excited December is here but it's also really scary!  Christmas is right around the corner...and I am soooo not ready!!  My tree is not up, my cards are not mailed (or even ordered!!) and I still have lots of gifts to buy!

Today I'm excited though to be taking the time to blog!!  I'm joining a bunch of fun gals and sharing a Mini Christmas Bucket List...5 things I'd love to do this Holiday Season!




Get a picture with Santa
I'm so angry with myself.  On Saturday, while I was shopping Small Business Saturday, they were giving a way SWAG Bags, having a food drive, and offering free pictures with Santa.  I dropped off my cans of food and noticed all these kids taking pictures with Santa.  It wasn't crowded and I thought for a moment about hopping on Santa's lap!  But then said to myself, "I can't really take a picture with Santa!"  But now, after seeing a friend's photo on Facebook of her two dogs (only dogs!!!) on Santa's lap, I'm totally regretting that I didn't do it!!  He was a really great Santa too.  So now I'm determined to get my picture with Santa!! LOL


Head the the Beach to see the Christmas Light Display!
A local beach had a huge drive through Christmas Display for years and I never made it.  When it closed I was sad that I never got there. They are bringing it back for the 2017 Christmas Season and now I'm determined to go!  Fingers crossed I make it this year!!


Actually bake my cookies this year!!
For the past few years my sisters and I have had our annual cookies and cocktails day!  It has always been the joke that I bring the break-and-bakes (and drink more than I eat)!!  I want this year to be the year that I actually bake my cookies!  I am hoping to find a fun recipe I can bake.  I think I'll be able to do it this year too!  Because now that the family's gotten so big and cookie day has gotten so crazy, we've decided to have the dough prepared ahead of time.  This way, while we're there all we have to do is bake!!  Oh and I'm open to recipe suggestions, so if you have nay, I'd love to know about them!!



Drive around the neighborhood and look at lights!
Years ago my friend and I used to go out and look at the Christmas lights on the houses.  We haven't done it in forever!  This year I want to bring back this tradition!!  Maybe make a Jammie Cocoa Christmas.

Get Christmas Crafty!
For the last few years, my mom has been gifting each of my sisters and I a Christmas present that she's made herself. And I've been wanting to do the to do the same. I have an idea as to what I want to make...actually I've had it for quite a while.  Half the battle is really just getting my butt in gear and finding the time to do it!  I think that the gift I have in mind is fun and will be appreciated.  If I put an actual time line and this and actually put the idea in writing, maybe, my chances are good that I get it completed this year. HA!
Mom with last year's Christmas creation!

What fun things do you want to do and see this holiday season?  Let me know!!  Have a wonderful December Weekend!!  And thanks for visiting today!




Linking up today:
The Blended Blog
Friday Favorites
H54F

10 comments:

  1. I need to bake cookies form scratch, too! Sometimes the shortcuts are so much easier though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list and need to do the same, make a list of meaningful ways to make the most of the season!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Do you have a favorite cookie you've made in the past? I like to make Snickerdoodles for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!!! So glad you did this with us. Please will you add your post to our link-up on my blog. I would the other gals to read your post.

    Yay for preparing cookie dough in advance so all you gals have to do is bake and sip while the cookies are baking.

    Your mom's ornament tree is adorable. I am going to make some wish jars to give as my handmade/homemade gift this year. Just need to get them made.

    Make that visit to the beach drive through light display happen this year. The church we now attend always had a huge Christmas pageant and every year I swore I was going to go but never did. Then when we started attending the church, they stopped doing the pageant! Go figure.

    Please, please link up with us. The link up thing is on my post!!! Hugs! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You drinking more than you bake is one of the reasons why I think you're so wonderful. It seems like you're describing me too! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie: My list of 5 has viewing light displays and cookies, too. I think we'll use the ginger snap recipe from the Toronto Star Cookies calendar. They post recipes throughout December so you may see something you like at https://www.thestar.com/life/christmascookies.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Natalie Thanks so much for that link...I will definitely check it out! Awesome!!

      Delete
  7. Some great ideas there. I love driving around checking out the lights. There's a street we drove up the other night where everyone was walking around with beer or glasses of wine. Such a cool community thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is always room for a picture with Santa!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!