Monday, December 4, 2017

#TBB Asks: The Holiday Edition!

It's that time again!  It's the TBB Asks link up!  This time we're talking all things holiday!!

Grab the graphic and play along!!



1. Real or Fake Tree?
Mine's fake, simply for the fact that I like to keep it up!  And maybe I'm not the type to go cut one down...

2. Favorite Christmas Cookies:
Can I say all of them? Who doesn't like cookies!?!

3. Home on Christmas Morning or Travel?
It's just me, so I'm home before I have to go to my sister's in the afternoon!  I will say being on my own on Christmas morning is very different but I've created my own tradition.  I spend the morning sipping mimosas while watching Love Actually and wrapping the rest of my gifts!



4. Clear or Colored Lights?
Definitely clear on my tree but I do enjoy seeing colored lights on displays!

5. Send Christmas Cards?
YES!  Although this year I am not 100% sure I'll be getting any out. I try to be creative each year, and to be honest, this year nothing's coming to me yet!


6. Favorite Christmas Present Received?
So hard!!  From when I was little? I'd have to say my Humphrey Peter Cabbage Patch in Christmas 83 or 84!  I still have him.  My parents were part of the Cabbage Patch Crazy back then and I'm not even sure how they pulled off 4 dolls for four girls.  And we still have them all!!


7. Favorite Christmas Present Given?  Ugh...I have no idea!  I am not a creative buyer.  It's so much easier to buy things for myself! I used to make my mom things for Christmas when I was younger, which she still has, so that's always fun to see!

8.  Stockings?
Definitely...3 actually!  My original from the year I was born in 1980.  It was completely different from my three sisters, who all have the same nice embroidered ones...mine was probably bought all the mall but it's original fuzzy stocking, with my name in glitter!!  So there!
I also have a stocking from Pottery Barn from my sister and one to match the tree skirt my mom made for me, when I got my own place.Click here to see them all!

9. Christmas PJs?
YES!!  A few years back my family started the new tradition to wear PJ's to Christmas all day!!  Finding new Christmas themed PJs each year is always fun. Already got mine for this year and can't wait to wear them!!

Christmas 2014...this first year we started wearing our PJs I think!

10. Favorite Christmas Carol?
The Christmas Cannon by the Transiberian Orchestra.  A less traditional Christmas song I love is by an Irish band populkar her in New York called Shilelagh Law.  It was written the Christmas after September 11th, 2001 and it's just really beautiful!!

11. Favorite Christmas Tradition...
Aside from Christmas PJs, I'd have to say Cookies and Cocktails with my sister each year...that's really turned into a whole family thing.

12. Early Shopper or Last Minute?
I always think I'm a good shopper and then at the last minute, it seems that I scramble.  So I guess it's a toss up!!

13. Favorite Christmas Movie or Show?
I love Love Actually, obviously (see above!)  But Elf is great too and The Holiday is just the cutest!

14. Favorite Holiday beverage?
Anything!  Hahahaha..just kidding!  I enjoy a peppermint mocha at least once during the holidays.

15. Cookies and Milk for Santa?
But of course!


How fun was that?!? Head on over to The Blended Blog and link up too!!

Wishing you all the best that this holiday season has to offer!  Have a Merry Merry Monday!!

9 comments:

  1. I love the Transiberian Orchestra...the Cmas Cannon is one of my faves too. Also, I need to adopt that cmas pajamas idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I still have my cabbage patch doll too. I had the boy one and Loved him to death! I need to go find it in the garage. Going to be linking up late, but linking up nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies and cocktails sounds like so much fun! Just love your festive heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all love Love Actually, too funny! And I love that you own your solo Christmas morning! It sounds quite relaxing, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why have I never seen Love Actually? So many of you have said that's your fave movie. Your favorite song done Irish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! LOVE Love Actually! And The Holiday is really good too! Cookies and Cocktails sound super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love actually wins for most loved movies!!! So good!
    Good old cabbage patch! I don’t know what happened to mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cabbage Patch babies are the only dolls my girls would play with. Well, those and Barbies. All of the other baby dolls had those creepy open-close eyes that scared Brennyn and Lauren. I remember seeing one of the first Cabbage Patch dolls ever, a hand-made sculpted doll in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Wanted one so badly!!! Glad you still have yours.

    Going to remember that beautiful Christmas song for all future Christmases. I am a Silent Night gal but this one is so moving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!