Friday, August 29, 2014

What a year!!

Linking up today with Erika and Andrea for Friday Favorites!!  Sharing with you today my very favorite place...MY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!


One year ago, on August 29th, 2013 (on the very first day back at school, mind you) I closed on my house and moved in!!  After waiting for what seemed like FOREVER!!!  It was a new build in a new development, and closing kept getting pushed back...but it was definitely worth the wait!!!

What a year it's been...

1 Christmas Eve dinner hosted

1 Papered Chef party hosted

4 attempts at trying to use the dishwasher before I realized that the water had to be turned on!
Actually, the Optimum guy figured that out!!

3 FedEx packages sent to the wrong address

2 small plants killed...I've managed to keep one alive though!!  And he looks FAB!!!!

150 visits from the UPS man...maybe more!

11 Peapod deliveries

5  blizzards endured

6 weeks with roomies

1 trip to Costco...the bulk stuff is lasting me! LOL

2 Grey's Nights (Sad, Girls!!  Just Sad!!)

I've probably used the oven only 2 dozen times in a year!!

One too many Saturday nights spent alone on my couch watching Hallmark movies
but way more spent out in town, which led to way too much money being spent!!

A month's worth of Sunday papers piled up on more then a few occasions (but I still can't bring myself to cancel it)

Countless bottles of wine consumed...and only one spill on the carpet!!  WOO HOO!!

Lots of family gatherings and a million laughs!!

Many projects completed with the help of my dad, who after doing project number 15 told me I
needed a boyfriend so HE could do this stuff for me! HA!  Many thanks to my brother-in-laws for helping along the way too!!

This...

Has turned into this....



I can't wait to spend many more years (39 to be exact!) in this home of my own, making lots more memories and millions more laughs!

Read the very first blog from my new address HERE!  And see more of how I've decorated HERE!


Have a great weekend!!
Katie


Follow the Mishaps and Mayhem of Solitary Life on Facebook HERE!

6 comments:

  1. Happy one year! Hope your school year is gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy home anniversary! Isn't it amazing looking back over the things that have taken place? Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Tif @ Bright on a Budget
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!