Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thankful Thursday

The 2nd Thursday of November 2015, brings a little bit different of a Thankful Thursday.  I hope it's not too self indulgent, but I'm thankful I have the ability to make people laugh and smile!  Last week, I talked about how I was thankful for my job.  This week's thankful Thursday stems from that, too. Living this Solitary Life, chances are, on any given week day, I've been only two places...home and work (especially these days when it's pitch black before five and I don't want to do ANYTHING!!)  So that's why I have have a tendency to talk about both of them so much!

Between this week and last, 4 of my co-workers have told me that I have made them, laugh, smile, or just how funny I was!  I'm not gonna lie...this makes me smile!!  I'll elaborate on two...  

The school secretary told me the other day that, on that particular morning, she was feeling blah,tired  and just wanted to stay in bed.  But after seeing me and talking to me, her whole attitude just changed.   Because I just make her smile. I was touched be that...a tremendous compliment.We laugh a lot!  All the time actually! I tell her all my ideas for if I ran the school and tell her how fun it would be.  We both agree we'd be in for 4 day work weeks with longer days. LOL

It was the next day or two later that the school nurse told me had the best laugh ever!  You see, I was coming around the corner and laughing to myself over what I had just her a little kindergartener say, and she heard me (because believe me when I tell you, I don't do anything quietly)!  She said she appreciated a good laugh and mine was the best.  A good hearty one!  HA!!  We laugh a lot together too, but this was the first time she had told me that.  It made me smile...and laugh again.

I have said numerous times on the blog, that I laugh a lot!  Because really...what's the alternative??  If even one time I can make a person smile or laugh when they think of me, I am so thankful for that!!  I hope I can do the same for my readers of the blog!  I smile writing the blog.  I hope it puts a smile on your face reading it!!

via
Have a thankful Thursday!!


Linking up with:
Shelly and Holly & Vanessa and Penny Today!


8 comments:

  1. the thing I miss most about work is my colleagues that could make me laugh/smile on the regular! It's the one thing about maternity leave that is so challenging.. thankfully, I have a toddler who is pretty much a nonstop comedy show lol

    www.confessionsofafrumpymommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good post, Katie. I need to laugh more - and I am trying to be more thankful. I would love to work with you and laugh.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's so true - someone simply saying a nice word can absolutely make your day! Thank you for sharing at Attitude of Gratitude! Hope you'll link up with us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing to be thankful for! It's such a blessing to have people around me who can make me laugh and carefree, especially during stressful seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! And it truly is something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this and I definitely think it is something to be thankful for. I try so hard to be a ray of sunshine in someone else's day. Thanks for linking up with Attitude of Gratitude!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!