Monday, April 25, 2016

It's the little things....

Last week blogging kind of got away from me!  I was super busy, worked a lot, went out a few nights after school and was dead tired.  I think I might have mono! JK  But little things in the week help me to realize how grateful I should be for it all!!


Lately I have been working later and later and covering a lot of After Care.  In the beginning of April I picked up a third day til 6.  And on Friday, I unexpectedly had to work til 6. Making that 4 days. Ordinarily, I would be a little angry about this...but after calculating all the hours I spent doing it (and realizing it is almost equivalent to a whole nother week of work), I looked on the bright side.  How much bigger my paycheck would be!  With two trips coming up and a May that probably won't see me working after care much, I am grateful to have these extra hours now.  And it wasn't too bad....we were outside on the field most days after homework was done so I was able to get a little sun!

This beautiful weather!
Last week I was able to walk to work everyday because it has been so sunny and warm!!  Woohoo!!  I always woke up at the same time, but walking gives me an extra few minutes at home in the morning, so I don't have to rush.  By Thursday of me texting my friend, who usually swings by to pick me up, she texted back that they missed me!  LOL and that she was jealous of my walk everyday!  That made me smile!!

Seeing my sister and her girls...again!  On last Monday's gratitude post, I spoke about going to lunch with my sister and her girls last Sunday.  I also saw them all on Thursday!  Two times in a week...that never happens!!  I babysat my nieces while my sister and brother-in-law went to Middle School Orientation.  I had a good time with the girls!  We baked, we played games...I thought it was fun!  But apparently, I'm a tough baby-sitter!  LOL  But again, the girls enjoyed being in my daily photo.  And the night ended with Starbucks for Meg and I, so that was a plus...because who doesn't get Starbucks at 10 p.m.?!?

On Saturday my school had a function for teachers and parents called the Spring Fling. I was so glad to have the opportunity to go  again this year.  Last year it was on the same night as The Lion King.  It was a really fun night!  It's interesting to be out of school with parents!  But it's fun to see everyone in their dresses and in a different element.  I am grateful to the parents and Spring Fling organizers that they had  "Sponsor a Teacher" so we could go compliments of some generous families.  I didn't win any of the raffle prizes, but I came home with the centerpiece, pretty tulips, that I was hesitant to take, thinking I'd kill them...but luckily they are still alive!

It's the little things...., isn't it!?

Hope you all have a Marvelous Monday and can find a little something to be grateful for this week!!

Linking up with Shaunacey once again!  Thanks for such a fun link-up friend....


  

9 comments:

  1. I was starting to get worried about you! I had to check your Instagram to make sure you were ok! Ha!! Glad you're back in action. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts! I hear you on life getting busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's the little things that make life wonderful! Hope you have a great week Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool that you can pick up things and get more $$- Toronto 2017 to think about now..which is SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey gorgeous! So maybe I need to be in a Catholic school because I hear they get to do all kinds of fun things. That spring fling sounds super fun. I'm so glad you got a 10pm Starbucks fix - I may be guilty of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thankful for this weather! Spring Fling sounds like a blast. I love raffles... even when I don't win.

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just loved reading this and seeing your ability to turn some things into a positive! that's such a gift and the whole reason I wanted to do this so I am so so so happy it's causing you to think about some awesome moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you make small signature loans to old retired librarians since you are going to be independently wealthy come this next payday? I am going to be missing money in my check this payday because of my trip to see the girls and to present at the conference. Waaaa! And I ate too much, spent too much, and exercised too little. But back on track now that I am home. And working an extra day myself this week. Glad you are able to enjoy walking to and from school. I fell behind blogging while I was gone but felt like I was living life rather than just writing about it. XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!