Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Not such a challenge after all...

We are halfway through week two of the Get Your Pretty On Spring Challenge! And I'm going to confess something...it's not such a challenge for me. I did VERY LITTLE shopping this go-round because I had everything on the list, except for a pair of bright flats and a floral skirt. I bought a pair of bright (and I'm talking BRIGHT!) flats on the cheap, but opted not to purchase the floral skirt. Everything else I have been pulling from my closet!!

Last week's post left us off on Wednesday, day 3!

Today I have the next few outfits. Each day I pretty much put my own spin on things!

Thursday was day 4. It was a denim on denim look, with bright flats. I didn't mind the look. And after seeing other challengers in their outfits, I wondered why I don't wear this more often.




Friday I had to do a little switch up! Rather than a bright cardigan and patterned shirt, I wore a bright patterned shirt. The weather lent itself to forgoing the cardigan. So it worked. And actually this shirt was something I bought on the recommendation of other challengers. It's a Portofino top from Express. A store I hadn't shopped at in at least 20 years!!  Jeans and wedges completed the look.



Saturday called for white jeans. I would have loved to wear them and the weather was so awesome, I could have, but since I traveled on the train to see friends, I went with my destroyed jeans instead. I didn't want my white jeans getting dirty. I really liked this look. And will wear it again with the white. So I guess I get a bonus outfit!!
ae jeans/similar
I mentioned in my weekend recap, that this will probably be the only non-selfie of the challenge!  HA!!



Sunday was a rather low-key day! I traveled back home and arrived in the early afternoon. The rest of the day was spent on laundry and lessons. So truth be told, I just stayed comfy!!
And Sunday's outfit called for the floral skirt, which I don't have, anyway.



Monday was another easy combo. Anytime I can just throw on cardigan, tee, jeans, a scarf and go...I'm IN!!
I wasn't sure about this scarf. 
 I am just so used to infinity scarves, I forget how tie any other these days. 
 But I suppose it works...and I got some lovely comments about it!



Tuesday the ensemble called for olive (or colored/camo) jeans, a black tank or tee and a bright cardigan. Accessorized with a long necklace. I was happy to find olive dress pants in my closet so I wore those bottoms for work. I came home and put on my camo jeans for a more comfy look for when I went to my neighbors.


Today, I am going off challenge to dress up a bit more for my mom's retirement party. I am pulling from the challenge vault though! I am wearing this outfit that was part of the Summer 2014 Challenge. I'll wear it with a sweater and closed toe flats though, because it's a little chilly!!
Find more Summer Challenge Looks here!

Thanks for following along! Go check out how great the rest of the Style Me Bloggers did recreating the looks this week!!  And link up your looks with us below!
Shoes to Shiraz | R Squared | Two Teens and Their Mama |
Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy | A Lovely Little Wardrobe |
Mishaps and Mayhem of Solitary Life | Puppies and Pretties | Daily Style Finds |
Making the Most of Everyday | She Thought She Could | Foxy's Domestic Side |
Quilty Joy Joy | Curls and Cardigans | Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After |
My Running Stitches | From Plaid to Pearls | Stashed Blog | X-tremely V |
 A Little Bit of Cheer | Nick and Nik

Happy Wednesday and Happy Earth Day!!

Linking up today with:
Alison at Get Your Pretty On
Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy
Sarah at Tucker up

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE Allison's style challenges - they're so much fun and really make you think about your wardrobe. If those are the same AE jeans I have... I practically LIVE in them! They're the best!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfits make this style challenge look way too easy. I love how comfy and stylish you look in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahhahahahahahshah challenge vault. Love it. Also love the shirt you're wearing today and your destroyed jeans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is such an awesome challenge! A great way to find ways to mix up your own wardrobe!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh girl, Friday's and Monday's looks were my favorite! You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything - you look so pretty! I need to check out the Portifino tops - I've heard great things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love those distressed jeans! They look fantastic on you. I just ordered Camo jeans today, I can't wait to get them and fingers crossed they fit when they d

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice outfits!

    Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie!!!!!! OMG you look great in ALL of these outfits. Seriously. That top in the last picture is sooo pretty. I love it with plum pants. So stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your camo jeans! I need to at least attempt the denim on denim at some point, I love it on everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfits! Especially the one with the destroyed jeans! The floral tank is pretty awesome to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog gives me such a clear sense of your personality, Katie. I think this week's OOTDs are eclectic. I love your sleeveless patterned top in the peacock colors and your cute top from your rediscovery of Express. I buy so much from Loft but am always glad to find something elsewhere to shake things up. XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!