Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spring Challenge...Week 3

Week three already!! Crazy! Time flies when you're having fun!! But truth be told, I didn't participate too closely in the GYPO Spring Challenge this week.  Sad, because I feel like last week, I had a really strong one and did really great!  LOL  In last week's post I mentioned that last Wednesday night I was reaching into the Summer Challenge vault and wearing one of the outfits from that challenge for my mom's retirement party. I did it again Thursday too!!  Thursday's outfit had us wearing the striped dress. I had a Paint Nite to go to, so I knew I didn't want to wear a dress for painting. Instead, I wore my black and white striped shirt and jeans, with a bright sweater and my leopard flats. This was actually a Spring 2014 Challenge look. I've said before that it is also one of my all time faves from all the challenges!!


The weekend was a challenge fail!! Friday I was in my sweats by 4:30 and cleaning. Then on Saturday, I wore this dress for my nephew's Communion.
On everyone else I've seen it on, it looked great. On me though, I think it really did look like granny's tablecloth. Oh well...I wish I had a pick of me straight on actually...I think that might look better!  HA!

Sunday I wasn't feeling all that great so I didn't get outta my pj's!!

Monday was back to work, and back to the challenge...kinda, sorta. The challenge called for a patterned top and colored denim, with sandals and jewelry. I put my own spin on it for work. I wore a patterned top, I got in a Stitch Fix box back in the fall and red Pixie pants from Old Navy. I threw a black cardigan on over it because it was chilly here! It worked for me!

Tuesday was that floral skirt again. Still don't have one. I went with flowers on top instead. Here's my look for work!  All of these pieces I got right out of my closet and are many years old.


So like, I said...not many outfits this week. My Style Me Blogger friends did much better, I'm sure! Go check them out! And don't forget to link up your Wednesday post with us too!!

And Congratulations again to our big winner of the Nordstrom Giveaway 
Darcy Lynn!!  
Enjoy and Happy Shopping!!

Shoes to Shiraz | R Squared | Two Teens and Their Mama |
Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy | A Lovely Little Wardrobe |
Mishaps and Mayhem of Solitary Life | Puppies and Pretties | Daily Style Finds |
Making the Most of Everyday | She Thought She Could | Foxy's Domestic Side |
Quilty Joy Joy | Curls and Cardigans | Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After |
My Running Stitches | From Plaid to Pearls | Stashed Blog | X-tremely V |
 A Little Bit of Cheer | Nick and Nik




An InLinkz Link-up

Have a happy Wednesday!!  Friday's almost here!!  C'mon back then when the Style Me Bloggers link up for another round of posts!!   Friday we're sharing our April Showers Bring May Flowers posts!  See you then!!

Linking up today:
Alison at Get Your Pretty On
Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy
Sarah at Tucker up

11 comments:

  1. I like the floral dress. I've spotted a similar one at nordstrom I am kicking myself for not trying on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dress looks great. And I really want those red pixies to look good on me, but they don't and it makes me sad every time I try them on...yep, I've tried more then once, thinking, THIS time it will work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress! I skipped out on doing laundry so most my outfits last week were totally off from the suggested ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really really like that floral dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your floral dress is beautiful! Love your interpretations. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge fan of the red pixie pants and am missing mine so much now that they don't fit!
    I love that patterned top too! So fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always partial to any of your great looks but the one you pulled together from older pieces in your closet is my fav. Is your floral on top a jacket or a cardigan? So super cute. I fell off the band-wagon this, week, too. I have my days all mixed up and wanted to try some of the first outfits in the challenge that I had missed wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you just cute, my friend! Love the look on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!