Friday, April 3, 2015

I like big books...and I cannot lie

Linking up once again with my Style Me Blogger Buddies.  And this time were talking BOOKS!! One of my favorite topics!!  My reading list is a long one.  This year, I've set a goal to read 16 books and am working my way through this list!  I am enjoying it! And I am so happy because I'm on Spring Break!!  I don't have many plans, so I'm going read, read, read!  Right now my nightstand is stacked with books just waiting to be read.  I have so many favorites, it's hard to narrow it down! But these are some of most favorite EVER!!


Wonder- This is definitely my most favorite book!  I've blogged about it lots!  {here, here, and here!}  It's really a book for kids and young adults, but in all honesty, it's a book for EVERYONE!!  It's a sweet story about a young boy who was born with a facial deformity and how he navigates life in the fifth grade in public school for the first time.  Highly recommend!  I shed a few tears...ok, maybe I bawled!!
#choosekind

The Husband's Secret I just read not too long ago!!  So crazy, twisty good!!  Loved it (even though I pretty much figured out the secret early on.  (I watch way too much TV!).  It was the first book I had ever read from author Laine Moriarty and I plan on reading more!  I really enjoyed her writing style.

The Deep End of the Ocean I'm not gonna lie...I read this one years and years ago when it was picked as Oprah's first book club pick. (I read a number of her picks over the years. Even Anna Karenina...go me!)  I read this in like three days.  I loved it so much!!  It's roller coaster of emotions.

The Pact kinda of threw my for a loop, and remains at the top of my list!!  A scary ready...not scary in a mystery book read kinda way, but scary that it could very well happen! (Confession...this is the only Jodi Picoult book I've read!)

Still Alice is another book I've only read recently, after having it on my shelf for like 4 years.  My mom read it and said I had to read it (it's one of her faves!) so I knew what to do if she ever gets Alzheimer's.  It's now one of my faves too!  Haven't seen the movie yet but definitely plan too!


I just LOVE. LOVE, LOVE P.S. I Love You!   This was Irish author Cecilia Ahern's first book.  It's a sad book but uplifting at the same time.  Funny story...this book was made into a movie too, (the book is always better!!) and I saw it in the theater when it first came out.  I cried a ridiculous amount....like FULL ON UGLY CRY and a woman behind me was so concerned she asked if I was ok and offered me tissues.  It was pretty embarrassing!!  LOL  Who doesn't love a good cry??

These are the books on my nightstand just waiting to be read (and finished)...this week I hope to get threw them.

Dying for Mercy is a book I picked up at the library before Valentine's Day.  I am about 100 pages in.  I just haven't had a chance to read it and it's not too easy.  Lots going on and lots of characters to follow.  When I got it, it looked like this:
HAHAHAHAHA
so I didn't know what it was.  I've never read a Mary Jane Clark book before. And apparently it's a series.   If you read Mary Jane Clark and love her, let me know!!

The nurse at my school and I talk TV and books all the time.  We have similar tastes in both. The other day she brought me the memoir Ghost Boy.  I have not started it yet, but it looks really interesting.

I also have the book Real Talk for Real Teachers waiting to be read.  I picked it up at the Book Fair earlier this year,  I started reading it, and realized it's probably more for the newbie teacher.  But it's also one I don't have to read straight through...filled with stories of teaching, I can read a few pages and leave it for a while.  I can also read other books while I'm reading it (if that makes sense!!)

I've blogged books a bunch of times...check out all my good reads here!!


I can't wait to read the posts today!  I'm always looking for new books to read!!  Go check out everyone's lists and link up your favorite books with us!  And let me know what I should be reading in the comments below!!




Have a Blessed Easter and Happy Passover!!
Katie


Linking up with ErikaAndrea, and Narci for Friday Favorites  & Jennie for her Friday Faves, too 

15 comments:

  1. I full on ugly cried in the theaters during PS I Love You as well! I seem to read nothing but books that will make me cry. I guess I am a sucker for punishment.

    Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing The Husband's Secret on goodreads, I think I will add it to my to read list, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Husband's Secret is my next up...I just finished What Alice Forgot and LOOOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up Still Alice from a local thrift store a month ago and haven't read it yet. I will definitely put in my upcoming "to read" queue. Thank you for excellent book recommendations. This seems to be one of the most fun link-ups we have done together. It turns out we are a bunch of book lovin' fools!! Who would have known?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all these books - I wish I read (I can - just have never got into reading - I was the nerdy math kid!). I have watched the P.S. I love you movie - which I loved!

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read the Husband's Secret, everyone has been talking about it and I Just keep forgetting to buy it. Going to add to my next amazon purchase now! Love The Pact, it's on my list too :) You should really read some of her other books, they're all equally good. Will have to add Still Alice to my must read list too. Do you buy actual books or do you have e-reader? I'm still holding onto my books and refuse to buy an e-reader...till the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The movie version of PS. I love You about killed me! I've just started reading Liane Moriarty and love her books. Thanks for the recommendations. Have a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two Liane Moriarty books and I've starred them both and just cannot get into them! But everyone loves them! Should I just power on? Wild was my last read- loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo these all look so good! I'm obsessed with reading. I love, love, love Jodi Picoult's older novels, including the Pact. Make sure to read more of her! I liked the twist in My Husband's Secret as well. Very good!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I've pretty much been reading everything by Liane Moriarty since Christmas. What Alice Forgot has been my favorite. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS I love you....I loved it. I'm reading Marauders now....love it! Totally not my reg read. I read Gone Girl and didn't like it. Thanks for sharing sweet girl! Happy weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!