Monday, October 10, 2016

Monday...Monday...Monday....


Happy Monday!  And it is a happy Monday for me, thanks to Columbus and a day off!

I think though that my "Fall FUNK" is in full effect.  Ugh...the days are getting shorter, the weather is turning colder, and am just not interested in doing much. The funk officially hit me on Saturday morning.  I just woke up to a super dreary day and feeling blah.  That is not to say I didn't have a fun weekend, because I did...but I'm just off I guess.  

I wasn't last Monday though, when I met my bloggy buddy Deena...IN REAL LIFE!!  You see, she was visiting New York City for the weekend with her husband and knew I didn't live too far from there, so she wanted to come visit me on Monday!  I was so excited.  

But actually I do live pretty far from the city.  HA!  I offered to meet Deena somewhere but she was very gracious and offered to travel my way, as she wanted to see where I lived.  I was super excited because I just love my town and couldn't wait to show it off.

Deena and I had a short visit, but it was a fun visit. I picked her up at the train and we came back to my place to have a glass of wine before we headed into town for sushi.  I was surprised when Deena mentioned that my house was nothing like she thought it would be!  And I loved that I was there when she had her first EVER pumpkin ale!  LOL Even though pumpkin ale and sushi don't really go! Actually that's a lie...pumpkin ale is just always good.

After yummy sushi and girl talk, Deena was back on the train and headed into the city.  Our time together was short, but I am so glad that Deena took some time out of her trip to visit  lil ol' me!  I felt like we had been friends forever and made me even more excited for Toronto in May, when I meet all my blended blog buddies!!

I don't have any pictures of my time with Deena....I think I was too nervous... except this one, which she actually texted me to use as my daily photo on Insta!  I'm @solitarylife101

But on Friday Deena recapped her trip!  Head on over to Shoes to Shiraz to read all about Deena's adventures in NYC and beyond! {Here}


Thanks Deena for coming to visit me!  I can't wait to see you again, in your neck of the woods! #Toronto2017

  

8 comments:

  1. !!!!! Super smiley face emoji. I wish we could have had more time too and am now even more so looking forward to T.O. for your FIRST CANADIAN VISIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Deena's post about meeting you and was SUPER jealous! I always thought I would visit NYC and have wine and sushi with you, too!! I am really going to be jealous when you meet Andrea in Toronto in May!!
    And, please send some of your cool weather to Texas. I planned an outdoor birthday party for my son this weekend and it's suppose to be 90 degrees! Ugh!!!
    Hope your four day work week is fantastic, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture on IG made me so happy! Love that you two got together. Cannot wait for Toronto next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! Can't wait to meet you in Toronto as well! (and hey, I'll be in New York in a few weeks LOL Nov 4-6!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! I want a wine and sushi date with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TBB's meeting all over the place lately, so amazing that we can all see and visit each other all over! I cannot wait till May! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!