Monday, July 20, 2015

Quote Challenge Mondays

I was so excited when last Monday I was tagged by one of my blog buddies Lana from Two Teens and their Mama, for the Blogging Quote challenge!  The challenge asks bloggers to share three favorite quotes.  Either all three at once or in three separate posts.  Lana has been sharing her quotes over three separate Mondays, so I am going to be doing the same.  And also, maybe because I have lots of favorite quotes and weeding through them is taking some time!  HA!

There are so many quotes that I love!  From the funny, to the serious....quotes from books, movies, song lyrics and others that I've just seen online!!

The first quote I'm sharing today is from one of my most favorite books!  It comes from Wonder by R.J Palacio. Wonder is a beautiful story of a young boy who was born with facial deformity.  The book chronicles his fifth grade school year...his first in a mainstream school.  Here, he learns to navigate this place,  meet new friends, which is sometimes hard and show everyone that he really is just an ordinary kid.   It's billed as a book for kids and young adults, but in all honesty, it's a book everyone can enjoy.


In the book Auggie's  English teacher, Mr. Browne begins each month of the school year with a precept.  According to Mr. Browne, "Basically, a precept is anything that helps guide us when making decisions about really important things."   It can be a quote, motto, a line from fortune cookie...anything that's a motivator, guiding you to live the best life.

The book begins in September, and his first precept is this:
/via/

This is the first of many precepts throughout the book but the book is centered around this concept to #choosekind in all you do. I try to teach my students this and do this in my own life.  Is this always easy?  No!  Even as an adult it's not!  But I try my best to remember this in so many situations. 

 There's another quote I like to keep in mind that kind of goes along with this.  I don't know it exactly, but it's something about smiling at strangers...because this might be the only smile they see all day!  So I do this too.  Sometimes people are taken aback by it (which is sad!) but other times, I get the feeling it makes their day!

So Choose Kind today...and if you haven't read Wonder yet, add it to your summer reading list.  It's a book for EVERYONE!  And read more of my thoughts on the book here!  Mr. Browne's Precepts have also been made into a book of their own!  So many great little tidbits about life!!



Thanks Lana for tagging me in this challenge!!


Over the last two Mondays I've also been recapping the Create 28 Summer Looks.  I'm pushing that until Wednesday, so come on back for those! And I'll be back tomorrow with my weekend recap!

Have a happy Monday!!

11 comments:

  1. love this! a great quote and the books sounds very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, I think I would pick that quote too

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is indeed a great quote to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous quote - totally one to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quote! The book sounds interesting; I'm going to have to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I'm excited to read your quotes because I know you'll have some great ones. I love this book, and this is the best book. I wonder what the world would be like if we all chose "kind" every day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the kind quote - kindness goes along way and the world could use a little more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quote from an equally fantastic book. I would bet you choose kind every opportunity you get. Thank you for the reminder that we should all do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!