Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Create 28: The last few days!

I feel like the last few days of the Create 28 have been all jumbled together!  But I made it!  I pretty much made it through most of thelooks this month, further than my previous tries, so I think it's a WIN!  And LOVED it!!  It was so fun putting together looks and following along with everyone else's too!

Here are my last few looks to share with you!! These are all not in the correct day order but they were all the last few prompts!

I didn't remix a summer piece, but after seeing Carrie's remix, I have an idea of what to do! I also skipped the Date Night look...for obvious reasons!  The blog ain't called The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life for nothin'...the only date I had Friday night was with my blardigan, wine and book!!!  (Any brothers, cousins, single men out there??  Gimme a call!! LOL...totally kidding!!)  

I did do the summer skirt look with a maxi!  I've been wearing lots of maxi skirts and dresses lately.  Most from last year.  On a side note, I've found that my Instagram feed has been really good for when I need something to wear.  I like going back and looking at my looks and wearing them again. I'm wearing the same outfits I wore last summer...but who cares!!


I wore this out to a GNO with my teacher friends!  Ended up deciding to go with a tank before I walked out the door!


Patterned Shorts Looks:  I have a bunch of patterned shorts and have been wearing them alot!
Here's my favorite patterned shorts of  this summer!!


Styling Summer tanks!

These two tanks I got during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale are great.  I liked the white one so much, I got the Burgundy color also!  I'm loving that I can wear them now.  The anniversary sale kinda bills itself as being a sale that you can shop Fall items for cheap.  I'll still wear there in the fall too...just with a cardi over them!!  And now that I'm typing this, I'm remembering that summer layers with a sweater was a prompt!!  I know it's summer, but if I'm out, I'll always throw a sweater in my bag!  Either a cardigan, or these days I like the thin, fun sweaters from JCrew factory with fun prints on them. Because you never know what the temperature is going to be like in a restaurant, the movies, the beach when the sun goes down, etc.  I don't have any pictures though!!  Sorry about that!!

A Pin It & Did It Look
This is a look I tried for Pinspired a while back.  But I wore it again this week, as my Pin it and Did it Look!!   More evidence of me recycling last summer's looks!  



The last day was a summer trend.  I thought about it and didn't think I had anything.  But then I remembered....DUHHHH!!!  My beloved denim vest is my summer trend for sure!!  Here are some of my vest looks!  (Most of which, you've probably seen)










It's hard to pick my favorite looks of the 28 days but my readers really loved me in the white-on-white and my Sporty look (above!).

Check out all the looks from Create 28 Summer Looks {here}.

So much fun!  Thanks for thinking this up Carrie, Whitney and Casey!!


Linking up today too, with:
Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy
Sarah at Tucker up
Carrie at Curly Crafty Mom
Alice at Happiness at Mid Life
Brooke and Erica at Pumps and Push Ups


10 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge! Love your pinned look :) Also, I have those same blue cheetah print shorts! J Crew factory??

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sporty look is definitely my fave, although I really love that white tank from Nordy's

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great Nordies pieces! Love the tanks! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I love the pinspired look, something I would def. wear!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun looks! I love your Pinterest inspired outfit!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally nailed so many of these looks. I love your maxi skirt. It looks a fun and versatile piece. Your tanks are totally adorable and I would so wear them. Thanks for linking up, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!