Monday, July 13, 2015

Create 28 Summer Looks: Week 2

This week was a pretty lax week as far as my participation in Create 28.  But since I'm having fun with it and enjoying linking up with Carrie and the girls, I thought I'd share the looks I did manage to put together!  I like recapping the looks as sort of a style diary for myself.  Others choose one look from the  week.  You can really post anyway you like.  Join the fun and link up, too!  I'd love to see it!

Find my first few looks {here}!

I thought Day 6 and Day 7 were kinda similar....a "summer color combos" and "summer brights" look.  So I am thinking I can use this outfit for both!  I actually kept this Stitch Fix top a while back because I knew I could pair it with these shorts. I'm sad the photos a little dark but they're are both pretty bright!!  And these are my favorite JCrew Factory chinos, I talked all about here!



Day 8 was the "all white" look!  
This one I attempted.  I'll be honest, I thought it was a fail and was not 100% on board with it!  But I posted the look on Insta and received such sweet and confidence boosting comments that I may consider wearing this again!!

Day 9 was Polishing my nails, which I didn't do.  My finger nails are unpolished.  My toes are but they just look kind of terrible.  My broken toes are healing but I don't want to go get a pedicure until their 100%.

Friday I headed to the beach so I didn't wear the "summer scarves" look that the day called for.  But I loved scarves and have a few that I could have worn, so I'll definitely wear a scarf one of these days!

Day 11 was a look with a Statement Necklace.  
This is one of my most favorites!  Perfect for summer!


Day 12 was a new hairdo!  As you can probably tell, my hair is almost always up in summer (or it ends up that way!  I always try the top knot, but it never works out!!  So it's the messy updo for the win!!

I am excited because today is a nautical look!  I have lots of nautical to chose from actually, so I'm not sure what I'm wearing yet.  Maybe Wednesday will be my nautical looks!! LOL Who knows!

Join the Create 28 fun....find out more here, link up today, and follow the hashtag #Create28SummerLooks on Instagram.


Linking up today for Manic Monday with On the Daily Express and More Pieces of Me, too!!

10 comments:

  1. The all white looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you nailed the all white look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love J Crew shorts! My fave too! :) And I think you DID nail all white!!! I JUST discovered how to do a top knot/messy bun/bun whatever you call it! I am SO BAD with hair and if I can do it, I am convinced anyone can learn! My key was to use a sock (have you tried that?? you tube "sock bun") and tease my hair (a little) before I wrap it and pin it. I can do it now in about 2 minutes which is WAY easier than blow drying or styling it! Believe me, if I can, you can! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your all white look!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute and I love this challenge! I think I need some of those J. Crew chino shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the all white look on you. I've been participating here and there with Create28 - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say you did a pretty darn good job for Create28! I think I commented on Instagram but I still really love the all-white look! Also, that statement necklace is gorgeous. Thanks for linking-up with Carrie, Casey and me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I looked that awesome in all white! Love the statement necklace! And coral is my trademark color. Once again obviously we are like related some how some way. LOL - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I looked that awesome in all white! Love the statement necklace! And coral is my trademark color. Once again obviously we are like related some how some way. LOL - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh you look so cute in those coral shorts!!! And you go girl with that statement necklace. LOVE IT! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!