Tuesday, July 14, 2015

BoozeDay Tuesday!

I kinda ripped off  the post's title name from Kathie Lee and Hoda.  I never really watch the 10 o'clock hour of the today show but I was watching it the other day...being summer vacation and all and heard them call the day BoozeDay Tuesday and thought I'd roll with it.  If you saw my Six on Saturday post than you saw that I am kinda obsessed with lemonade drinks (spiked lemonade drinks) this summer.  I tried to replicate my Zim Zari lemonade after having it last week.  I only had half the ingredients (i.e. the lemonade!)  It didn't really work, but what I came up with was pretty damn tasty, so I thought I'd share it with you!!

Raspberry vodka- a large shot (I have a mason jar shot glass I use!)
Lemonade
a splash (or two) of cranberry juice.

Mix Well!

Easy right?!?


The Zim Zari Lemonade was pink, and since my lemonade was yellow, I added the splash of cranberry!  What I made ended up being nothing like the drink I had on Tuesday night, but it was really good, nonetheless...and refreshing for summer!!  And it looks like pink lemonade, so it's totally acceptable to sit out in the middle of the day reading your book and drinking this!! #solitarylifeprobs

I served it (um...to myself!) in a mason jar with a sugared rim. Oh and blended it in the blender just to ensure it stayed cold!!  But still added a cube or two of ice!

Now I just need a a name for it!!  Any ideas? Leave them in the comments below!

And before I go, I thought I'd let you know...
Raspberry vodka and lemonade is another good one, too...as is Pink Lemonade and vodka.

Yesterday my friend told me she had a new drink for us to try...blueberry vodka and iced tea.  YUM!  When I try it, I'll let you know!!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!  I'll be enjoying some drinks tonight at dinner with friends!!


Cheers!

Linking up today with the girls at The Sequin Notebook for their Monthly Cocktail Link-up!  And Rachel at Floral & Fudge for her Every Girl Link-up!! HOW FUN!!!


Hill Collection

13 comments:

  1. I love Katie Lee and Hoda show and try to watch them often. Booze day Tuesday is fine. It's just that their booze day is everyday! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Kathie Lee and Hoda are a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm YUMMMY! I gotta try that.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so yummy!! I feel like the word "summer" needs to be in the name of the drink. Something like "Sweet Summertime." Oh and one of my favorites is blueberry vodka and lemonade. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great name Erin!! And now I have to try blueberry and lemonade!! That sounds delish too. :)

      Delete
  5. Yum!!!! Vodka is my drink of choice, and this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought lemonade on Sunday to go with my cranberry vodka and it has been yummy! I love Kathy Lee & Hoda...they drive me kind of crazy but I just can't stop watching!! Rachel @ Floral & Fudge is hosting a link up on the 16th I think with cocktails/mocktails so you should totally head over and link this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!!!!!! That looks delish!!! Lemonade is my summer fav - and this would make it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you served it in a Mason :)
    Raspberry vodka sounds like it would be super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!