Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Challenge...What Challenge??

As you probably guessed, this week was a total challenge FAIL!  I know I've said this before, but this time I really mean it.  I didn't wear one single challenge outfit this week!!  There was a lot of white pieces, and I just wasn't wearing white this week.  And a lot of times, the weather didn't warrant wearing these outfits. All this weekend it poured rain and didn't get out of the low sixties!  Brrrrr...
I think in August, I'm just gonna start the challenge outfits all over again!!

I had all intentions of getting dressed up in challenge looks and taking photos for today's post, but that didn't happen.  Yesterday was the first day that it was sunny and warm and I could lay out.  So needless to say, I was in my bathing suit ALL DAY!!

I did however wear one challenge outfit this week...but it's one of the same ones I wore last week.  I went to happy hour at an outdoor bar and wore this again!  I thought it was appropriate!  And I'm really excited that this maxi is getting it's comeback after years in the back of my closet.

So with that, for all things challenge this week, I leave you in the very capable hands of my fashionista friends!  Because I know they all rocked it this week!!


Two of those friends are hosting another round of Create28 for July.  Carrie, the creator of Create 28 and Casey, along with Whitney are hosting! You might remember that I participated a bit in the first round in February!  See my recap looks here and more about Create28 here!  I am hoping to do better this time!  I seriously can't even take that today is July 1st!  That's just crazy!!  


But the look for today is a Summer go-to!!  And since I've worn the look above three times already (it's all about who you see, right???) I'm gonna go ahead and name it the Summer 2015 go-to!  I love it....it's so easy to throw on!  And I am loving my denim vest!!  The courage to get and wear the denim vest was worth the price of the challenge!!  HA!!

Check back in with me throughout the month of July to see my take on the Create28 looks...and join in on the fun too!!  Tomorrow's prompt is a graphic tee  look!!  So many tees...so little time!!



And congratulations to Ashley B.  The Winner of the $200 Gap Brands Gift Card!!  Happy Shopping!!

Have an awesome Wednesday!!
Katie

Linking up today too with:
Alison at Get Your Pretty On
Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy
Sarah at Tucker up

11 comments:

  1. Ah, you and Whitney...great, beautiful minds...you just rock the maxi and vest! I just love this on you!! So excited to see your other looks!!! Great idea on repeating the Challenge in August...I love it because you have all of the "formulas" ready to go! So you never "have nothing to wear!" XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fail or not, that maxi is cuuuute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm your neighbor on Wed. Pants Link Up. Love the print on this dress. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get points for that awesome combo, despite not wearing all the challenge pieces. In all fairness, I sometimes just try them on, snap a picture and then go back to my usual scrubbamuffin outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may have worn it last week too, but it looks just as fab this week! ;) Gotta love it when something you've had for a while makes a comeback!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to this outfit again. Perfect and I finally got the vest in the mail and it's love at first site...thanks for the vest intro :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it makes you feel better, I've totally failed this challenge too. I just haven't been feeling it this time around. When I go to write my Wednesday post, I have to search through outfits and be like "thats almost challenge!" ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would wear this outfit over and over again too - because it looks so great on you! Last year I couldn't really do the summer challenge because it was too cold in June. I think we switched weather this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one my favorite looks! You were my inspiration to get a maxi! Thanks so much friend for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful outfit that's meant to be worn over and over again :)

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!