Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Favorites!

It's Friday Favorites Time again.  Another week of summer vacation for me....days were spent in my swimsuit laying out and some days, I will fully admit, I didn't even talk to another human being!!  But everyday was a good one.
'

Family time for the holiday weekend!//  My "I only have plans on Saturday" weekend turned into plans all weekend!  Which was so much fun!!  Saturday saw a 4th party at my sister's new home (which I ended up staying at for 36 hours!) and Monday was a relaxing day spent by the pool at my other sister's house!! And it's a good thing we all like each other, because we got together again on Wednesday for Girls Night on Wednesday to celebrate Meg's birthday!!  Living this solitary life I do, I'd be nothing without my family!! Love them to pieces and cherish all the time we spend together!!




Crosssroads with Rob Thomas and Charles Kelley// Recently I gave up CMT on my cable (I am still heartbroken) but I was able to watch this with my sisters on Monday!  Crossroads is a CMT show that puts together country artists from other artists from another genre.  And it is fabulous!!  Soooo good!!  I love both Charles Kelley from the country group Lady Antebellum and Rob Thomas form Matchbox 20.  I have been listening to Matchbox 20 and new Rob Thomas all week now.  LOL Love Pieces...Listen Here!


#WeartheSwimsuit// Have you seen this #wearthewimsuit campaign started by author Jennifer Weiner to promote positive body image at any size!?!  I just love this!!  You go girl!  In yesterday's Sentence-a-Day post, one of my sentences was about me not caring about being photographed in a bikini! When I was away visiting my mom this past May her friend took a picture of my mom, sister and I and posted it to Facebookl.  I was in a bikini!!  At first I thought...Ick... but I knew if I untagged myself she might feel bad so I just kept it up.  Then my mom sent me her photos...and there were numerous photos of me in a swimsuit. SO that sentence came to mind.  With this movement, I thought, who cares!  When I go on vacation later this month, I'm gonna take a photo, hashtag it, not care what I look like and own it!  Hopefully my besties will join me!!
I figured since I'm talking about it, I should throw all my apprehensiveness about about to the wind and just post it!


BrainDead// So I started watching this show that's a summer series on CBS last week!  And it's freaking crazy!! But I can't stop watching!!  I like it a lot.  I probably shouldn't be watching though because it's about bugs invading bodies and I've recently had an issue with sugar ants!!So now I itch ALL THE TIME but I'll keep watching!! Hahahaaha



Simply Shaunacey//  While this blog has never been a place to talk about anything political or controversial, it should be said and I'm sure is known, that this was a tough week in this country we call home. And the conversation and reach spans much further than just here. It's affects are felt around the world.  Shaunacey form Simply Shaunacey is my Blended Blogger buddy from Canada and she has been very vocal these last few days about what has been happening.  I think her words need to be read and heard.  She says so well, what so many of us are thinking and feeling!  Please go follow her!!!  It is an honor to know her!





Have a great weekend!  Be kind to one another, pray for peace and enjoy the sunshine of the summertime!

Linking up today with:
Erika and the girls for Friday Favorites
Tif and the girls for H54F

5 comments:

  1. Yes to the bathing suits! You are gorgeous friend! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm..missy you look super cute in that suit! Wear it with confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous in your suit girl, so shut up! And Matchbox 20 is my happy - I loved them when they came out and I still rock out to them today! I need to catch that Cross Roads! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this #weartheswimsuit thing! Too bad I have rarely been in a swimsuit this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!