Tuesday, July 5, 2016

My Summer Reading List

Summer is here!  And today I'm joining some of my Blended Blog buddies for a Summer Reading Blog hop! If you're visiting from Leslie's blog, welcome to my little corner of the world!  So glad you stopped by!  Hopefully hopping around to the blogs today, you'll get a few good ideas about what to read this summer.

Last year, the summer reading list I shared was a lengthy one.  I didn't quite make it through the books I originally shared, but did read a lot.  To see the books I actually ended up reading, you can follow my daily photos on Instagram here.

In last Tuesday's Summer Bucket List post, I mentioned that I had a goal to read 4 books this summer.  I think this is doable!! I hope to read more,  but think 4 is doable. Any more than that will just be a bonus!  I also have 2 books that I began earlier this year...and never finished, but those are not included in my 4.  I love to read and summer is really the only time I can devote time to it!!  So I am looking forward to these!!

These are my top 4 Summer Reads:

First Comes Love by Emily Giffin
Just started this one! Am really excited about it!!  I feel like Emily Giffin is summer!!


Wildflower by Drew Barrymore
I've had this on on my list since I think, January, when I saw Nicole had read it!  Excited to finally get to it this summer!!  It screams summer to me!  I buy books in hardcover, and by the time I get around to reading them, they're already in paperback...


For the Love by Jen Hatmaker
I had seen this book all over the blogs for awhile.  I finally bought it toward the end of the year last year and it has been sitting on my nightstand ever since!



I am Malala-
I saw this book at our schools last book fair of the year, so I picked it up!  It's the young reader's edition, which I'm totally ok with.



Other books I have that I want to get to this summer:

Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand- My sister raves avbout Elin Hilderbrand!

Big Little Lies and Wild were two from last year's summer reading list, that I never got to.

The Sleep Revolution- I got this book out of the library back in May and with all the traveling I did, never read it before it was due back!  My name is back on the list at the library to get it soon.

Rich and Pretty- I heard about this book from Emily Giffin actually, when I saw her interview on the Today Show last week!  I tried to get it out of the library, but it was out...added my name to that too!

I feel like when I get books out of the library, it makes me read, because I know I have to get them back!!  LOL

Is there anything on my list that you've read? Let me know in the comments below!  Or have a favorite book, you think I should read, let me know that too!!

Now head on over to Joy's blog to see book recommendations she has on tap!


8 comments:

  1. My sister just sent me the new Emily Giffin book this weekend for my birthday! Can't wait! Her last one was quite intriguing.

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love Wildflower. I haven't finished a book since February . It's disgusting - In my next life I'll be a teacher for summers off READING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to be reminded of Wildflower, too. When I read Nicole's review, I made a mental (big mistake) note of it and that was the last time it crossed my mind. What mind? I am seeing First Comes Love everywhere so I need to check it out and have in mind - oh boy - to read For the Love, at least I did remember that one long enough to download a sample on my Nook. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have I am Malala on my read list for this summer too. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of Emily Griffin or Wildflower but I have heard (and am interested in) the other two. Having a short list is very doable! Can't wait to hear what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big Little Lies is great! I am finishing up All We Ever Wanted Was Everything tonight and starting A Hundred Summers. Amen on the library! You know you have to get it read so you do! Our library system offers this school program where if they do not have it you can do a web search for the book in other NCPL's and get it sent over to your home branch! I love it!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just looked up First Comes Love on Amazon, and it looks great! I think I'll read that one and maybe some of her other books too! They look like fun, summer reading, for sure! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love book posts! I've heard really good things about the new Emily Giffin book. I'm getting my list together for my beach vacation in a few weeks - thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!