Monday, November 14, 2016

A Low Key Friendsgiving!

I can't even believe I am writing this post!  So hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner!  Am I the only one asking myself, "Where has the year gone?"

For the past two years, my two best friends and I have been celebrating Friendsgiving.  It's always at my place and always a lot of fun.  Typically, Mel cooks the turkey and Kerri and I make the apps and desserts.

After two years of hard work turkey making, Mel asked if it'd be ok if we switched things up a bit, and made something simpler...like baked ziti!  Kerri and I were all for it.  Because really all that matters is that we're together. Kerri and Mel are Girl Scout leaders for Addison's troop and had a meeting on the same day, so Mel couldn't get here at her usual 11 a.m. to start cooking. And to be honest, every year we have so many leftovers! We were due for a change I suppose!!

Oh but the turkey wan't the only major change!  Chris, Kerri's husband didn't make it either!  He called to request off and was denied.  To say both he, and we were disappointed, is an understatement. So an All-Girls Friends giving it was!!

And we still had a great time!  We spent the day eating, talking laughing, dancing, hunting for turkeys, playing Turkey Trivia and making some fun crafts.  Addie and I baked cookies for dessert but I totally forgot to make the pumpkin dip and we forgot to eat Kerri's Pumpkin Bread...but we still had our fill of Pumpkin with all the beers we drank during the day!!  HA!! There were even a few super competitive rounds of Zingo to be had , too!  It was a fun day as always!  A bit different from our typical Friendsgiving, but more relaxed which was good.  After everyone left for the night. I took stock of things.  I looked around at all the food, games and things strewn about, poured myself a glass of wine and sat down to make my Grateful List, at the top of which are these girls!  And Chris, too of course!!

Some fun photos from our day!




 Turkey Trivia! 

Fun with Photo Booth Props

Turkey Hunting in full effect!  

 There's always time for a dance Party in Aunt Katie's Living Room...then we need to recharge with cookies!!!




Another memorable Friendsgiving in the books!  Until next year...


Read all about the fun we've had during Friendsgiving's past here:


Have a great week!!!


8 comments:

  1. So fun! We so hoped to do this but I think we were trying to hard. Hoping to have a girls night out instead this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time, Katie!! Baked Ziti sounds delicious! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of this! Especially since I can say that I've been over there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it again Katie...made me smile...love you, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much!!! Looks like you ladies had a blast

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea - and I loved that you made something besides turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tradition. I think it might be even better to have something other than turkey. I am sure that ziti was scrumptious. Love your cold-shoulder top, cutie. The little graphics and hats are such fun. What a blessing this must be to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!