Friday, February 16, 2018

5 things I've Learned in my Thirties...


Today’s my birthday! And there seem to be a lot of people more excited about it than me!!  I think I’m indifferent! But I am looking forward to a fun weekend of celebrations with family and friends!


For the past two years on the blog, I’ve shared a birthday post with random facts about me.  36 was not too bad, 37 was a little bit harder! Rather than beat a dead horse (and damn 38 is a lotta random!) I thought since this year since the big day’s fallen on a Friday, when we typical share a Friday Fives, Friday faves and loves, I thought I’d switch things up a bit and share a five for Friday...

5 things I’ve learned in my thirties!!  


1-FRIENDSHIP has no AGE LIMIT!
One of the things I love about being part of The Blended Blog Collab is that even though we all span different ages-30’s, 40’s, 50’s, we still have much in common.  It shows that friendships have no age limit.  This is true in my daily life as well.  I have great friends who are in every stage of life... and every time we hang, it’s always a blast.  On any given Friday, our Happy Hour crew can span from 20-somethings to 60-somethings!  For me, it’s more about the person, their personality, values and beliefs (and fun factor!) rather than closing myself off to them because they are perceived as too young or too old.  

2-How to say NO
Ya know, I’ve spent too much life doing things I didn’t want to do!  So now if there is something I’d rather not do...I simply say no to it!  And I have no guilt or regret about it!  



3-I Don’t need a Man to Define Me!
Who I am is entirely up to me.  At this stage of the game, being single and in my thirties...some people think, I’m an old maid, some think other, not-so-nice thoughts about my singeleness... and I just think, I don’t need a man to make me happy.  Would it be nice to have someone to talk to once in awhile, to get sweet texts from on the daily, or  maybe to zip up my dress???  (LOL) Sure!  But I don’t need a man to make me happy.  I’m 38 today and right now, I’d say I’m pretty damn happy with where I’m at!


4-I’m gonna do whatever I want, when I want, because I can!!
Lately this has been my mantra. And I’m gonna stick with it. It's not to be meant to sound bitchy. It's just that, in this Solitary Life, I can. If I want to go out and have fun, I'll do it. If I wanna spend the day in my undies, vegging on my couch binging on Netflix and wine, I can do that too! Because no one's around to see me!! It's pretty much the best of both worlds!

5-You’re only as OLD as you Feel!
When I was younger, 38 seemed so old to me!  But now, NO WAY!!  How in the hell am I 38??  How in the world did that happen?  Am I getting carded at bars anymore? Nope!  But those AARP mailers??  They are a-comin’!!  I guess I can no longer say today I’m 29 for the 10th time!!  
I know it’s silly, but every time I see those Facebook quizzes that say things like “How old are you REALLY?”, “How old do you feel”, or “Can we guess your age?” I always take them...for shits and giggles!  I took one recently and it came back with the age of 24. I’ll take it!  Do I sometimes feel 75 though too...some days!!  But I have more days where I feel young , so I’m just gonna live it up and take each  day as it comes!!







Linking up today with The Blended Blog for Friday Loves, Erika for Friday Favorites, Tif for H54F

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Katie! I absolutely love your life perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday, beautiful friend! Your smile and laugh light up the room and I'm so happy that you are a part of my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...thanks so much Whitney!!! You make my heart happy!! Hope you are enjoying your vacation....so jealous girl!

      Delete
  3. TODAY is your birthday?! YAY!!!! Happy Birthday, beautiful friend!!! I hope you enjoy every bit of your celebrations with family & friends this weekend!!! While I absolutely agree that friendship has no age limit, it was fun to learn we are kinda close in age. I turned 39 in September! I found 38 to be great...enjoy every bit of it! *Birthday Hugs attached here!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, girl!!! I know you will rock this out and who cares what the number is it is how you feel that matters. You look not a day over 28! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big AMEN from me on that first point. Love you lots- hope you're out celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Katie!! I hope you've had a fabulous weekend celebrating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this post! Agree with everything you wrote. I think age is definitely in your mind - and you can think yourself young! Hope you had an amazing birthday weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! Hooray for friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like you are living a very well in your 30's! You are a smart girl....it took me until my 40's to learn to say no!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!