Friday, November 14, 2014

The best day of the week...

Back again with another Friday five to share !  It was a pretty good week!  Any week with a day off in the middle is alright in my book!!


World Diabetes Day is TODAY! I'm wearing blue to support someone I love...you should too!!

Sunday Brunch: Sunday I had Brunch at my place for my mom and sisters for my sister's birthday!  I love now I have a house that I can entertain at and that everyone enjoys coming to.  It was lots of fun!  It was brunch/lunch and all that good stuff...with birthday cake thrown in!!  And I love how after brunch you basically don't have to eat for the rest of the day.  I also neglected the laundry....

#MandaStrong: I was super excited to get my #MandaStrong t-shirt in the mail on Monday.  You may remember I posted about Manda in a Friday Five a few weeks ago.  I bought this shirt as a way to support Manda and her family during these trying times.  It's so comfy and I love the message.  You might think I have an obsession with t-shirts....and I totally DO!

Veteran's Day: Loved that I had a day off on Tuesday!  But I find it hard to believe that not everyone gets to enjoy this holiday.  No one works harder or sacrifices more than those in the U.S. Military and their families.  I also love this holiday, as a teacher.  Every year in Library  I read my students the best book!! Don't Forget, God Bless Our Troops.  LOVE his book!!  It was written by Vice President, Joe Biden's wife, Jill  about their granddaughter and family.  The kids enjoy this book so much!  They really "get" the sacrifices made and the feelings of the families after reading this!  We wrote letters to the soldiers as well.

ICYMI:  A day off called for a random Tuesday blog post!  I blogged about what's in my bag!! Check it out {here}!!






Have a great weekend!
Katie

Linking up today with:
ErikaAndrea, and Narci for Friday Favorites 
Lauren Elizabeth for High Five on Friday
September Farm and The Farmer's Wife for Oh Hey, Friday!
Lauren at Style Elixir and her co-hosts
April and the girls for Five on Friday
Jennie for Friday Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!