Friday, May 22, 2015

I've been slacking lately...

I had lots on my blog calendar for this week, and never ended up getting those posts up and running. I suppose it's been a WEEK...one of THOSE weeks!!  Ugh!!  I think going to Florida might have been a bad idea! HA! Because now I feel like I should already be on Summer Vacation!!  I just don't want to do anything, I'm so over everything, and am getting easily irritated!  This is no bueno!! Any teacher knows that the last few weeks of school are easily the craziest!!!  So I need to seriously get over this and get my act together!!  And since blogging is one thing I really wanna do, I hoppin' back in the saddle and blogging again today with a fresh Friday Five!!

Even though it was an iffy week, as weeks go, there were a few bright spots along the way!

Any day I see a package at my door when I get home from work, is a good day!!! #SolitaryLifeAlert  Monday, this little gem arrived!!  I finally made this collage frame of summer 2014 pics when I saw an awesome deal on Shutterfly for 50%.   It's just so fun and makes me happy!  I can't wait to make another one from the pictures I take this summer!  You can read all about the fun I had last summer {here}!


Tuesday this arrived at my door...overnight, too!! 
I was in dire need of a new vacuum.  I saw this and the super cheap price, which I was kinda of worried about, but it also says this is the #1 best seller, so I thought I'd give it a try.  And after I bought it (on a total whim!), I realized that it's pretty much the same one I had, except, upgraded and much lighter, which is a huge plus!  And it works fab!!  I actually liked vacuuming with this thing!

Wednesday was Stitch Fix Day!!  And this time I loved everything in my fix!!  But after trying it all on, I really only liked one thing on me...and even this looks just ok!  LOL...I kept it though because it's different. I don't have anything like it, loved the stripes, and it was super affordable with my styling fee discount!!  But my stylist did a great job for me this time, I totally recommend giving Stitch Fix a try!


I always enjoy teaching my Memorial Day lessons in Library and Tech!  Every year I read The Wall by Eve Bunting to my students.  Many years ago in Mailbox magazine I found an activity that had the students recreating a wall after reading the book.  I have done it a few times, but this year I really think it came out the best ever!  It helps having so many kids and classes as a librarian these days!  And I liked that I added the Soldier mosaic, that the sixth graders worked on! {found on Teachers Pay Teachers here}


And as long as were talking Memorial Day weekend, I am so looking forward to the three day weekend!  I am going to a Wedding tonight, getting together with my family for a BBQ on Sunday and may hit up the Memorial Day Parade in my town on Monday!  I am also determined to finish The Girl on the Train!  I hope everyone has a great holiday.  Take some time to remember and reflect on the sacrifices so many have made for our freedom!

Before I go, I can't forget to tell you some good news! If you've been following along with me and my blog for any amount of time, you know I am a Get Your Pretty On Style Challenge participant!  Registration for the Summer 2015 challenge is OPEN TODAY!!  I highly recommend joining in on the fun that is a Style challenge!  21 days of outfits made from simple, stylish pieces that will take you through summer and beyond.  The Style Challenges have been so much fun and I have "met" so many awesome women, especially my fellow Style Me Bloggers buddies!  Find out more and sign up here!  Hope to see around the FB group soon!! Check out these Summer 2014 challenge looks!


Enjoy!
Katie

Linking up today with:
ErikaAndrea, and Narci for Friday Favorites 
September Farm and The Farmer's Wife for Oh Hey, Friday!
April and the girls for Five on Friday
Jennie for Friday Favorites
Caitlin and the girls for High Five for Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!