Friday, May 15, 2015

Summer is Coming!!

YAY!!  I just can't wait for summer vacation!!
Teachers countdown to this day too!!

The Style Me Bloggers are back and linking up today to share our summer travel plans and any good recommendations we have.  Unfortunately, as far as travel goes for summer, I have none.

If you saw Monday's post, then you know I spent this past weekend away in Florida visiting my mom and dad.  That's really the extent of my summer vacation. Usually, my family goes to the Outer Banks in North Carolina in the summer, but since we went there for Thanksgiving this year, we're not. That is just the best place! (And I am just now realizing, though I blogged while on the trip, I never blogged a recap!! Boooo).
My family in the Outer Banks 2014

I've also spent about 10 summers after college cruising with my best friend . We used to go away every summer the last week in August/first week of September (depending on where Labor Day fell). Prices for cruises dropped then, because lots of kids are already back in school...oh and that's also hurricane season!!  HA!!  Luckily, we never had any direct hurricane hits.  Just the occasional rough seas!  We've been on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean...these days we LOVE Royal...the ships are HUGE!!
We love the Muster Drill!!

I blogged about my memories of OBX and cruising {here}.

I haven't really traveled much lately since I bought this house. (#SolitaryLifeProbs) but I really miss it.  The other day I got a text from my bestie saying  "What if we just planned a road trip to the beach or something?" So I think we may do that.  But I'm not sure...it's really expensive!!  HA!  It always comes down to money...and that just stinks!  Maybe just a road trip!  We are good at that!  We went to Philly for a day one summer.  Saw some sites and museums, ate a few cheesesteaks, then stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home!  Philly...Solitary Life Style!

Maybe a Weekend in Boston (my fave!) or on The Cape, or even just a staycation!  There's so much to do and see right here and and I just don't do it!   Whatever else the summer brings, I'll be blogging about it, so STAY TUNED!!  What are you doing this summer?  Let me know in comments below!  Better yet...blog about it and link up with us!!

Don't forget to check out the rest of The Style Me Bloggers Summer plans, I'll be living vicariously through them...


An InLinkz Link-up

Have a great weekend!!

15 comments:

  1. I say definitely plan a road trip -- and, actually, don't plan it, JUST GO! More fun that way... especially with a good friend!
    "The Busy Brunette"
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it sounds like you have a nice summer planned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Road trips with friends are fun! Love your life vest pic! Those drills...

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for road trips. I'm going to Boston in June with my sister road trip. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you live on Long Island? Is it actually an island? How close are you to the Hamptons? That's always a place I've wanted to see

    ReplyDelete
  6. A weekend on the Cape sounds like something I should do this summer too. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not doing anything either. We're all so boring! Okay not really, but it sure feels like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A low key, relaxing summer sounds wonderful. I've always wanted to go to the Outer Banks - I need to add that to my ultimate road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes just getting a hotel room for the weekend in our own town is fun. You can swim, eat out, stay up late and sleep in. And it feels like a vacay just because you don't have to make the bed. I soooo want to do a cruise. Will try to remember to check out hurricane season and Royal. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer can't come soon enough! Sounds like you'll have some awesome things to keep you busy!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go on a road trip! If i could I would but I have these things called kids. They kind of mess that plan up!!!! Enjoy life girl! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'll be able to enjoy your summer soon regardless of where you go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Summer!!!! And I so enjoyed all your pics on IG as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boston is in my plans for the summer, too. I hope you have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. road trips are awesome!!! I'm sure you'll have fun regardless!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!