Tuesday, March 6, 2018

February Book Round- Up!

I knew 13 books would never happen again!!  And it didn't!  I struggled this month to get through some books.

Two I started in February and am still working on! 

Perfectly Yourself I am reading as part of my Lenten journey with Dynamic Catholic, so to go with each email and video each day, is assigned reading from the book.  So I'll finish this one come Easter.  But so far, I'm really enjoying it.  Both the book and the program!  Find out more about Best Lent Ever here!



Sometimes I Lie  by Alice Feeny, is not even out yet in the States, but you can pre-order it here!)  My goal is to finish it before the 13th!  We'll see.  I don't know why I've struggled with this one because I am liking it.  Maybe because it's a book I own and it can fall to the side.  Lately, I've had so many of my audio book holds come through all at once and I'm trying to read like a mad woman to get them all back on time.


Case in point, the two books I read (or rather listened to) this month.

The first one was entitled The Shell Seekers by Rosamund Pilcher.  This was recommended to me by my neighbor, who is quite a bit older than me, but we bond over our love of books and wine!  HA!!  This one was a little bit tough for me to get into.  But then it took a turn, and I couldn't put it down.  I will admit though, it took QUITE awhile! It's centered around a family and their feelings (or lack there of) for a piece of art, The Shell Seekers.   For me, it ended up being a good book, and I want to read more by her!

The next book I listened to and read...because I loved it so much I ended up buying the book (to highlight and underline and post-it the fun tidbits and words of wisdom!!), was called Something Like Happy by Eva Woods, an author who's new to me.

The story is based on the100 happy days premise, that, a while ago took over social media.
Just to find the happy in every single day...could be big, or the tiniest little thing!
Each chapter is the "happy" the main character finds.  One example: Change the Sheets {HA!}
I adored this story of friendship and change.
I wish I could tell you more about it, but I don't want to give anything away. Please Just read it!!  And let me know if you loved it as much as I did!!

The book actually had me thinking about my own hundred days of happy!  So I'm going to share them on the blog!!  Stay tuned!

I started Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run memoir at the end of February and am still working my way through it.  Will share it next month!!

What have you read this month that you can recommend?  I'd love to hear them in the comments below!!

Happy Tuesday, Happy March & Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Have added the happy book to my Goodreads.com. So enjoying A Fish in a Tree. You recommend the best books.

    While I love my Audible, I really like turning pages in a real print book. And highlighting favorite parts and using a real bookmark. Nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!