Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Meet Erin!


A while back, we ladies at The Blended Blog put out a call to fellow bloggers for guest posts on our individual blogs.  One of my favorites who answered the call was Erin from Our Little Life.  I love following Erin and her sweet family, both on her blog and IG. 



This post has been a long time in the making, but I thought it was so relevant to share today due do the current climate.  All people should be able to feel that they are WORTH it. Below Erin talks about gratitude.  I am grateful to have found her through the blogging world and I'm glad she's here today!  Thank you Erin!!

____________________

In the world of social media and celebrity obsession, it can be really easy to get sucked into silly comparisons and negative thoughts.  The illusion of perfection is everywhere we look! I've been known to be way too hard on myself at times, which I feel is probably all too common with women in general these days.  When I need a boost in confidence and to help keep a positive sense of self,  I have found that some of the following steps have helped me. 

1. Remind yourself that you can't be everything to everyone!  If you're  anything like me, you can be a bit of a people-pleaser and/or sometimes take on too much.  Know that it is not possible to make everyone happy all the time. And that is OK! 

2. Gratitude- Just look around. Take a step back and start naming things in your life for which you're grateful. Whether you have a gratitude journal or you simply just take a minute to think about it, this is a great way to change your perspective.  Focusing on the positives in your life will make you feel pretty darn good. 

3. Affirmations. Take a few seconds (or minutes) and make some positive statements about yourself. I am beautiful. I am strong. I am confident. I am enough.  Say them out loud, even.  If you're into yoga or meditation, this is a great addition to that.  You'll be surprised at the impact this can have, especially if this is how you start your day and make it a habit.  

4. Pray. Talk to the Lord. Take your frustrations or worries to Him. Pray for strength. Pray for joy. 

5. Listen to a positive, or upbeat song or podcast.  Sometimes a little Hawk Nelson can really change my mood for the better.  Their song, Live Like You're Loved, has a great message. 


6.  Encourage others.  Post a positive comment, send a note, or go talk to a friend and give them a genuine compliment.  We, as women, should be intentional about building each other up.  Showing a little kindness will have a ripple effect and will hopefully nudge others into sharing the love and positivity.  What goes around comes around.  

It can be easy to let life get you down, but sometimes just taking a little minute to consciously shift your thinking has a big impact.

What else would you add to this list?  How do you boost your confidence when life gets you down?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, you are so sweet!!! Thank you so much for this opportunity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much, those are steps we should be doing everyday! Good advise Erin. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. I have never heard of Hawk Nelson but am a new fan. Didn't realize how much I have missed music in my life until I took a walk a few weeks ago with my iPod.
    Wise words here. I get so caught up on trying to answer every email, phone call, text, message that there's hardly time for anything else. And there are so many more important things in life!!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!