Monday, August 27, 2018

Summer STATS!!

It always happens!!  Summer just flies right by in a blur!!  All in all I'd say this one was a pretty good one!!  The weather wasn't fantastic, but I got my tan on, swam a little, and had plenty of FUN!  Although I didn't travel to exotic places, I had a staycation, most night being spent in town and a Rae-cation, watching my sister's dog for 11 days and being at her house was kinda like a resort!  HA



Today I thought I's share a little Summer Stats post, pretty much wrapping up my summer in numbers, or what I can remember of it anyway!!  It's pretty much in no particular order, just stream of consciousness!



June 22, 2018 at 12 noon- Summer Vacations Official Start!!


5- Pool Parties attended!!

2- Beach Days

5 Days with Houseguests!
My cousin, her husband and little son came and stayed with my for about five days during the 4th of July week!  It was a lot of fun...life with a two year old is busy!!  LOL

3 out of 4- Summer Street Festivals attended in town!

3 series binge-watched!  Finished the Handmaid's Tale, The Staircase, and The Crown....totally my new fave!!







11 Days on Raecation! (Dog-sitting!)



2-concerts attended, 7 artists on the bills


Actually, THREE concerts attended!!  My nieces put together a concert for the family on Sunday Aug. 12th.  They called themselves Lookly.  Lauren, Brooke, and Emily.  And let me tell you...it was a serious show.  There were real tickets, merch, snacks and drinks, a security guard, VIP experience, and a 50-50 and raffle prizes!  And I won!!


10- the number of Kenny Chesney concerts I have seen over all.  My tenth one being this summer.  It wasn't the best one, due to the terrible rain that put a damper on the show, but thinking back at 10 shows is pretty amazing.  #KennyForever!!

2 Ralph's!  WHAT?!?  I think we're breaking up in favor of Smallcakes Sea Salt Caramel Brownie!





On to the books I've read and listened to!
I have great intentions when it comes to reading books during the school year, but inevitably I know only one or two books get read during the year, so when summer comes around, and I have the time to read, I READ!

I returned to my library's book club, Novel Brews this summer and also brought along 5 friends.  I also participated in an online reading club fellow blogger friend, Leslie put together on Facebook.  I also had big plans to read Jimmy Fallon's Summer Reads book, Children of Blood and Bone, but since I bought it on Amazon Prime Day and then ended up getting the rest of my books from the library, it went to the bottom of the TBR list.

I read 11 books this summer and listened to 10 audiobooks.

Hands Down my favorite book of the summer was The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell!  So good!  It was long but I just could not put it down.  Read it in 4 days!!




A week from tomorrow is my first day of school.  As much I as I love summer, I think I'm ready!  But I'll certainly miss these lazy days!!!

What has your summer looked like?  Let me know in the comments below!!







5 comments:

  1. Great post! My summer started in June 4 and ended on August 6th with inservice. We just started our 3rd week of school! I’m definitely going to read that book, The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell. We have more inservice tomorrow, and I’d rather teach!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing your recap- I figured there'd be some country concerts in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and fun summer for you! I love that your nieces put on a concert and the name is precious - how creative!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11 books!? That's amazing! It sounds like you had a full and lovely summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer flew by and yet it's full of good vibes as you were able to capture here. Wishing you a happy 2018-19 school year. And thanks for reminding me of the Handmaid's Tale . I need to look it up.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!