Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday Tunes!


I've been dipping my toe slowly, but surely back in the blogging pool ahead of summer's end.  It's my hope that, come September I'll be back to blogging on the regular.

This is totally ME!!


So, today I'm taking the guesswork outta shuffle, and providing you with a pretty kick-ass summer playlist!!

I've been reading and tanning lots this summer and when I'm not laying out and reading, I'm listening to music, thanks to my free Amazon music trial.  I thought I'd be fun to sure my summer playlist with  you!And I hope in the comments below you'll sure with me your favorite songs of the summer too!

I used to be a die hard country fan, but these days I'm branching out.  I've been listening to more mainstream music.  I guess just cause I feel like I always wanna dance it out!!  Here are some of my faves on repeat this summer.  These are not particularly new or just out this summer, but most were new to me!



My Summer Playlist

Better Now- Post Malone

Live it Up- Rudimental & Major Lazer
Pretty much my summer theme song!!

Get Along- Kenny Chesney (of course my Kenny is on the list!)
Such a great song, especially for these current times.  I'll always love Kenny!!
The whole album he put out this summer is pretty awesome.  And if you purchase it, all proceeds go to hurricane relief in the Islands...Kenny's home!

End Game- Taylor Swift (with Ed Sheeran and Future)
Now I know I'm 38 and should be over Taylor Swift but I like to stay relevant for my Middle Schoolers and look super cool to my nieces!!  Also, another song on the Reputation album, that in my opinion is better covered by contestants on The Voice is Ready For It.  I heard that song for the first time on The Voice and like their arrangement way better!!  Check it out here!!

Slow- Liam Payne
The words reminded me of Adele's song, Water Under the Bridge, but it's a pretty great beat!!

Particula- Major Lazer
Another one with a crazy fun beat that just makes me wanna dance!

Heartbreak- Lady Antebellum
Pretty much the perfect song for someone living this Solitary Life such as myself!!  And it was pretty much a fun surprise that I got to see them in concert this summer!!

Aficia- Weezer Cover
This is an awesome cover of the original by Toto.  But why when I listen to it do i only here Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon singing it!?!  I am the only one who remembers that??  Check it out here!

What Lovers Do- Maroon 5 (featuring SZA)
Another one that just makes me wanna DANCE!!!  Actually, if I'm being totally honest, I've loved everything Maroon5 as of late!  Wait, Girls Like You...

I Like Me Better- Lauv
I know this one has been around forever, but I really like it.

Barcelona- Max George
Had no idea who this guy was, but this song was on an Amazon suggested playlist, and it kinda stuck with me!! (Actually a lot of these were Amazon suggested!) Another great dance tune!

Life Changes- Thomas Rhett
Ain't that the truth!!  Another catchy one.  Got to see Thomas Rhett for the first time this summer when he opened for Kenny Chesney.


And this last one is just a bonus....lucky #13 if you will!  It just makes me laugh!
I'm a Mess- Bebe Rhexa

Rather than post all the videos of these songs to the blog, I made a playlist on you tube!!  You can find it {here}! If you'd like, follow me too!

What's been the song of the summer for you?  Let me know!!




3 comments:

  1. Great taste! Recognize a few faves so I’ll have to check out the others. I’ve been loving that my new ride has blue tooth. I need to create some new playlists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the shuffle. Why doesn't it just know!? I'm taking a page from your blog book and doing my own playlist post... one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!