Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Holiday Looks!

Wednesday!  Woo Hoo!!  This week has seemed like the longest, huh?  Or maybe that's just me!!  Ugh!

It's been forever and a day since I've posted anything fashion related to the blog, but today I'm giving it another shot!!
As I sit down to write this post, I'm realizing Holiday Looks probably means Christmas.  But Me being Me is going to save all those for the December Prompts!  So today I'm showing showing my love for Small Business and sharing my Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving looks that show off tops I purchased at a local boutique.

This Saturday I was on the couch sick with a sore throat and cold, so I unfortunately I didn't shop Small Business Saturday like I usually do.  Then my mom reminded me of something, I very rarely leave my town so...I Shop Small all the Time!!  I gathered she was right, so I felt a bit better!

I love this little shop in town called Say More Boutique, and when they recently had a Sip and Shop Sale event at the store, I attended.

If you read my post yesterday you may remember that I don't really shop without a purpose.  If I get something, I have a specific place or event I'm going to wear it too. I went shopping that night wanting to find something to wear for both my Friendsgiving celebration and Thanksgiving day with my family.   I succeeded!

I shopped and shopped...and shopped some more!  I may have shopped way more than I thought I was going to, but the store has such cute stuff and who doesn't like snacks and drinks while you shop!?!?  I've gotten pretty friendly with the owner too, so I like supporting her and women in business doing great things in my town!  You can shop her boutique online too, here!

This first look I wore for the Friendsgiving that I hosted here at my house!  Loved the colors of this easy, breezy top and thought it was really a different spin on the animal print top. While it's not really heavy or wintery at all, it worked because with the turkey baking for hours in my small house, I was still comfy.  And to be honest, I'm thinking this could really be an "every season" kinda top!


I really like that the animal print is subtle!

Here I paired the top with the Express Faux Leather Leggings!

Since I really wasn't the one cooking or hosting for Thanksgiving, I went bold with this top.  It's huge sleeves were super fun and I loved the high neck of it.  I have a lot of mock neck tops these days.  The Fall color was perfect too. I thought this whole look was very Thanksgiving worthy actually!!  (Even though our temps were in the low 20's and I could've been wearing a winter parka!!)  We just did not get enough of a Fall in my opinion, so I'll squeak out every last bit of it, even if it's in my outfits...lol


The ruffle sleeves are big! But I really liked that they're different...and pretty damn fabulous!!





Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  And looks forward to the upcoming craziness that December brings!!  There's hope for me yet, posting on Wednesdays thanks to my bestie and blog photog, Mel!

Link up with The Blended Blog every Wednesday in December too, with these fun and festive prompts!! 



Now head on over to TBB to check out Vanessa's  holiday looks! Link up your own post too! 

 No Blog? No Problem!  Share your OOTD and your Holiday Looks with us using #theblendedblogstyle!




17 comments:

  1. I love both of these looks and your glorious smile. Also - that hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest animal print top! And, I love that you shop with a purpose.

    Lisa
    Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa! I feel like shopping with purpose helps ease the amount spent!! LOL

      Delete
  3. I love all of it! I knew you would find a reason to wear those faux leather leggings!!! They loom fantastic on you! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love that first top and how subtle the animal print is! I also like that it strayed away form the traditional black/white look or leopard print. Also can I just say that I adore all that sleeve volume in the second look you put together. Killing it this week.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl! I loved the sleeve volume too...was a little skeptical at first, but it doesn't get in the way of things!! :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome Katie!!! You always pull everything together so perfectly! Ty for loving Say More and making our clothes look beautiful and come alive! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Wish I had the time (and funds to shop there more! Love your unique pieces...they're just my style!! See you soon!!

      Delete
  6. Love both these looks and love the pink with the green! Now can we talk about your amazing hair???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbie! Most days the hair is a hot mess! So I totally appreciate the compliment!!

      Delete
  7. Looking gorgeous and I love this neckline on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blouse with the ruffled sleeves on you - it looks terrific on you!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, that terra cotta blouse is so perfectly paired with the olive pants. LOVE it! You look smashing in both. Who took your photos? Do they hire out? Trying to get PC to take pics over here is like pulling teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love seeing your smiling face! And such cute tops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!