Wednesday, November 7, 2018

An attitude of Gratitdue!


Since any day is a great day to count my blessings, I'm sharing my TBB Asks posts today!  This time around it's the Thanks and Giving Edition!  I kind of can't believe Thanksgiving is already around the corner.  And I get so mad when one day it's Halloween and then poof...it's Chrsitmas!!  Thanksgiving get totally forgotten in the crush.  (In all honesty though, I am totally on the Hallmark Christmas movie train!! HA!)

But back to the issue at hand...Giving thanks!!  Here are my answers to this month's questions!!

1. Have you ever kept a gratitude journal? 
I have actually...and really wished that I kept up with it. At night before bed I listed 5 things about the day I was grateful for.   I never keep up with journals or diaries....maybe I'll get back into it.

2. Hosting Thanksgiving?  I am not hosting Thanksgiving, have never and probably will never.  My sister hosts our family Thanksgiving and always does a great job.  This year though, I am once again hosting FRIENDSGIVING!  I'm glad to be bringing it back with a different group of friends then in my previous years!!  It's this Sunday and I'm really looking forward to it (but kinda wish the besties and I kept up with the tradition ourselves! Read about our very first Friendsgiving here!) And when I say hosting, I really just mean, we are using my house!!  HA!  As long as I don't cook the turkey, anyone is welcome to the use of my kitchen!

3.  Favorite food from the Thanksgiving meal?
Is it wrong to say my own Green Bean Casserole??  That is the ONE thing I make (for Thanksgiving AND CHRISTMAS) and just love!!  I really enjoy all the side dishes...more so than the turkey itself!!

4. One thing is Nature I am most grateful for...most definitely THE SUNSHINE!  It's beautiful in the sky ALL THE TIME!!  When it rises in the morning, when it sets in the evening and when I'm enjoying it all day long during those hot summer days, getting my tan on.  But all year long, I'm just a happier person when the sun is shining!


5. Pumpkin Pie?  Heck YES!!  And I really like the Costco Pumpkin Pie...go get you some!!

6. Traditional Cookbook?  Not really sure about this one! But I'll attempt to answer!  I don't really cook but when I do, most of the time, it's from this family cookbook that we girls created for our Mom on Shutterfly for her birthday a few years ago.  We all contributed recipes from it, and got our own copies.  Other than that, I'll just look online, even though, oddly enough, I have a whole shelf of cookbooks!!



7. Oven Baked or Deep Fried Turkey?
I've had both.  Lots of times we have the deep fried turkey as an appetizer and the sauce my brother in law makes for it is totally delish.  The deep friend turkey is so delish.  Maybe that why I'm more of a side dish girl!  Perhaps I fill up too much on that!

8.  Leftovers?  YES!  I enjoy leftovers!!  Often times I take the turkey, cook it in gravy and make an open face turkey sandwich/soup kinda combo!!  SO YUMMY!!

9. What is one household product you are most grateful for?
Ummmm....that would have to be my electric wine opener!!  NOT Kidding!


10. Most grateful for home cooked meals or restaurant meals?  I like this question!!
Well, I eat out most often so I am most grateful for a home cooked meal.  I enjoy eating meals that others cook, and because I didn't cook it and they are offering it to me and welcoming me into their homes to it it, I am that much more grateful for it.  My family cooks some awesome meals!!





So fun!!  Heading over to link up with TBB for TBB Asks and check out all the fabulous Thanksgiving fashion ideas from today's Fall Fashion Frenzy!  Link up too, here!!  Thanks for stopping by the blog today...I'm grateful for you!! 


4 comments:

  1. So fun to read your responses. I just pinned a great green bean casserole recipe that I want to try this year. It is a take on the familiar recipe but jazzed up a little. Can't remember now with what!!

    Have always thought your Friendsgiving tradition was so special. Wish I had friends here. Or family. We are so far from anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Friendsgiving. I went to my first last year and it was just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can heartily recommend keeping up a diary. There's no better way of learning about all of your strengths ... and about how many difficult experiences you can get through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While we don't have thanksgiving, we do have Christmas which is a big feast and I love the leftovers - keep us happy for days! :)

    Hope that you have had a wonderful weekend! We went on our annual girls pre-Christmas shopping trip yesterday, finished buying all our Christmas gifts and had some fun together :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!