Monday, December 17, 2018

All Things Christmas!

Happy Monday Friends!!

I can't really take for serious that Christmas will actually be here next week!!  Eeeeekkk...I'm so excited!!!  Not that I'm not ready, I totally am, it's just crazy how fast this year has gone!!

Since I'm in full on Christmas mode, I'm joining The Blended Blog for the All Things Christmas Link-up.  Later this week I'll be sharing my Christmas Decor, so today it's all about the Christmas Entertainment...movies, music and books!  (I think I added the books but I'm a fan of Christmas books sooo....)


I am totally THAT GIRL that's been watching ALL THE HALLMARK CHRISTMAS MOVIES since the day they began airing on October 26th!!  It really has been that long!!
I know they are super cheesy and uber predictable but I just can't help myself!! This year there are more than ever!! My all-time favorite Hallmark Christmas movie they never replay enough.  It was called Finding Christmas and the leading man, JT Hodges, is a country music singer in the movie and in real life!!

Also, something of note....not only is there one Channel for  Christmas Movies, there's two!!  Hallmark Movies and Mysteries has some great movies, too!  Check out Hearts of Christmas....it's  my fave HMM movie!!



Finding Christmas is very much like one of my most favorite Christmas movies, The Holiday.  I just love Jack Black and Jude Law in that one!!  And how cute is Arthur?!? I've seen The Holiday so many times and I could never tire of it.


Another favorite Christmas movie is Love Actually.  Actually, it's one of my all-time top 5 favorite movies! I have a Christmas morning tradition of wrapping all my gifts while watching Love Actually and drinking mimosas!  #solitarylifeatitsfinest




As you can probably tell, I'm more of a TV watcher this time of year! So in my house it's more TV then music during the holidays, but I do have a bunch of Christmas songs I love.  When I was a classroom teacher, every year for Christmas, I'd give my class a homemade Christmas CD of songs that I burned as a gift.  It was always a hit with my students and their families.  I like mixing the traditional with the more modern.  To hear some of my favorites and ones I included on my CD, head to my Christmas Playlist on You Tube here!!



Over the years, I've gotten into reading Christmas books. A co-worker gave me a Christmas book as a gift one year and I've loved it so much, I started reading that author's books.  Anything by Richard Paul Evans reads like a favorite Hallmark movie.   One of my favorite Christmas books ever is entitled The 13th Gift.  I read it years ago as an Advanced Readers Copy and just saw it on a fellow bloggers list, so I'm thinking I'll pull it our again this year myself.  It's based on a true story!
I blogged a little bit about it here!


Over the weekend  I finished reading One Day in December by Josie Silver.  I really enjoyed it.  It was maybe a bit longer than it needed to be but overall a good read!  Recommend!!


What are you reading, listening to or watching that I may be missing??  Let me know in the comments below!!


Have a great week!  See you back here for a Christmas Home Tour Tomorrow!!









3 comments:

  1. We could definitely settle in and watch some movies together! I've watched Love Actually and Elf but still need to fit in The Holiday. I am so NOT ready for Christmas...I have gifts for two of my kids and no one else right now...eek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Love Actually!! and Elf! and the holiday!!
    Also, you will be pleased to know that for the FIRST TIME EVER I have started watching Hallmark Christmas movies! I must say, cheesy as all get out, but I can't stop watching!! You and Sarah have created a MONSTER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas morning tradition!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!