Monday, September 14, 2015

Transitioning a summer dress to Fall


I'm so excited to be participating in The Blended Blog's very first Blog Hop today!  Every Monday throughout the fall, we will be highlighting how to transition summer clothes to fall, with all sorts of items.  Those of you who "hopped" on over from Shaunacey's  blog, Welcome!  I'm so happy to have you! Today I'm sharing how to transition a summer staple, the striped dress, to fall.

So many people I know are packing away their summer clothes to get ready for these colder months.  I don't do that.  I try to buy clothes that I can wear across the seasons.  It saves money and allows me to do some mixing and matching...which is half the fun.

I wore my striped dress all summer long with sandals and my cons!




 I have a few looks in mind for fall!

First up, I'm pairing this dress with a leopard infinity scarf and riding boots. Love leopard and stripes together. This is a good "wear now" look.   I'd bring with me a mustard or maroon cardigan and throw it on if I got chilly as day turned to night.  I like this look a lot...this might have to be a fall go-to!

Next, I thought I'd wear this with my military jacket, a long necklace, and booties.

This dress is a bit on the shorter side...I'm thinking this would look cute with a cropped military jacket, too!

I am so ready for FALL!!  I hope you've gotten some great ideas about how to transition your striped dress this fall!  I'd love for you to share with me a look you might try or how you'd transition this dress in the comments below!  

And don't forget to hop on back to The Blended Blog next week to see what Sarah, Leslie, and Alison are styling!  We'll have you all set this season!

Have a great week!

Katie




16 comments:

  1. You are rocking that striped dress! Love your fall looks! I'm going to try me me with my boots. We'll see how comfortable I feel. Mine is on the short side too but I've got a few years on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that striped dress--and that you've transitioned it between seasons. More wears! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from The Blended Blog - love your tips for fall-ifying your dress. I love in pencil dresses at work and have been looking for ways to transition them as the weather turns. It's amazing how just changing your shoes or accessories completely changes the overall look!
    Looking forward to more tips next week!

    Chelsea
    thatssochelish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the striped dress!! So cute!! You could also rock some black tights too (though, then you'd be hiding your nicely tanned legs - I don't have that problem ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping in from The Blended Blog. I always am slow to transition from season to season ... it seems I just begin to enjoy my clothes when the seasons change. Tips of how to ease in to the changing weather is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so va-va-va-voom in that dress :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes. That dress will be great for fall too!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is the reason I need a striped dress like yours. Love it with the riding boots and military vest for fall. You've given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, that is just adorable!! I have 2 striped dresses and never have tried them with scarves!! PERFECTION!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! I am notorious for slapping a denim jacket on and stretching an outfit through extra seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy hot tamales! That dress is perfectly short for your cute figure. Love it with the boots and the booties. Super sass! I need to get more wear out of my striped dress. Will try it with a scarf or vest this week. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. So copying both of these looks! Perfect, anything to stretch an outfit an extra season is a win in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute dress! I have a sleeveless one from the Gap that is similar. I honestly didn't think of adding my jean jacket and scarf for fall! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!