Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Back to Reality

Back to reality!

Well, the new year is here! The holidays are a memory, Christmas vacation is over and after a day at work...it feels as though there was no break at all!!

This was me yesterday morning!

But part of me must have been ready to be back at work, because I was up at 4:30! Ugh....

I took a bit of a blog break over these holiday weeks. Not really intentional. I actually did a lot over the break and really couldn't fit it in. And I didn't schedule anything, so it just didn't happen. I'm thinking my Friday post will have to be a top five of the things I did over break, as my recap!

But the New Year is always a time to start anew...look at this year ahead with a fresh set of eyes and reflect back on the year that was. I am not very good a keeping resolutions and even some of the goals I made for myself last year, I didn't end up sticking to! So this year I thought I'd make some non-resolutions. Things I am going to try NOT to do in 2016. I chose three, because I think that's realistic!

  1. I'm not going to set 7 alarms in the morning! Because to be honest, I even think that ridiculous! LOL...but I'm easing into it. I've cut back to three. And I am going to try not to snooze as much! I think I might do ok with this. More often then not these days, I'm getting up before the alarm.

  1. I am really going to try to cut back on the consumption of alcohol....
    I posted this to my facebook page the other day because it was so funny and so me these past two weeks! These holidays, man, it's just so easy to keep drinking, because it's vacation!! It might be good for the heart, but I guess I don't REALLY NEED a glass of red wine EVERYDAY!! I'm going to reserve drinking for nights with friends and #TGIT. This might work too....because I seem to be running out. And right now, I don't have the money to replenish! I figure I better spend the money I do have on on food!!

  1. I am going to try not to shop online as much. Last year I mentioned that I was going on a no-shopping ban! It wasn’t a total and complete failure! I did pretty good until about April....then, like Mel said...I fell off the wagon....HARD!! But after my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year, I realized something!! I don't really need another thing!! In all honesty, I don't. I can live with all the clothes and things that I already have. So that's what I am going to do! I'm going to delete sale emails, resist the urge to click on links in blogs and cut back and cancel some of my monthly clothes subscriptions. I even hid some store credit cards! My bills this month let me know that this is much needed!

What are your goals or non-resolutions for 2016? Share them with me in the comments below! Hope this is your best year yet!


5 comments:

  1. I'm doing a little no shopping for at least 3 months and then going to re-evaluate for spring. I think I'm starting a FB group for it on Thursday. Want to join?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I have a goal to get out with Military Husband more. My social anxiety has gotten worse staying home. That's no Bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that meme is great!! I am the same way with alarms; I really need to cut out all the snoozes, too. One of my goals for this year is to work on the Popsugar Reading Challenge for 2016. One book down, only 39 more to go. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, seven alarms?!?!?! Holy cow! I only drink a glass (or bottle of wine) four nights a week. Hehe. I hope and think you'll totally meet your goals! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay that pic is hilarious... who ever tells the truth to their doc?! lol

    Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!