Monday, August 29, 2016

Three years in my humble abode!


Today marks three years since I purchased my home.  I figured since I blogged about years one and two, why not blog one more time!  Three years ago today I moved into my little house!  It's been a fast three years actually.  Isn't there a quote by someone that goes something like "The years pass fast but the days go slow" ??  That is so true because when I think about this day three years ago, it kinda seems like just yesterday!!  But it really is a home!!


Someone told me not too long that my house was "goals"  I thought that was really funny but also very sweet!!  I've worked hard to make this place a fun, cozy house and I think I'm succeeding!  Here's a few facts about year three!

When I first moved in, this place that was under construction!  That's still the case right now, three years later, as I sit here typing this and listen to hammers, big trucks, and saws outside my window.  I can't say that it's been a bother, because it's something I've just gotten used to, but I am thankful that it's almost DONE!!

With the exception of this summer, I've cooked more.  Thanks to Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, and a few Crockpot Challenges!!

That being said, I've also set the smoke alarm off more times this year than I care to recall!!  :)









Looking back, I'd have to say, this was a more solitary year.  I had no long  term house guests like I did in year one and no one stayed for a week like in year two.  I did have lots more visitors though! Some who had never seen the place, so that was fun!

And traditions that were started, continued!  The 2nd Annual Friendsgiving was a success, as was Christmas Eve Dinner!


I also hosted book club here....once!!  hopefully I can get that up an running again!

I got a larger kitchen table, to accommodate more guests who I didn't actually have!!  HA! But still no chandelier!
Thanks to these guys for helping my pick it up and set it up!!



I didn't paint this year like I had planned!

On that note, I've walked to school more this year than I have in the past, and I've also walked around town more, as more and more new places popped up to eat!

I will also dare to say, in this third year, I've spent LESS time here.  I actually traveled a total of four times this year!!  Read more about my travels here, here, and here (a real recap of the DR is coming soon!!)

Oh and after three years, I've made more friends in my neighborhood!!  Woo Hoo!!

I've also become good friends with my mailman and UPS man...who discovered he delivers to both my house and my school, so he gives me updates on my packages while I'm at work.  I haven't decided if I should be worried about this!

Is it any wonder why the UPS guys and my mailman and I are besties?


I've continued to decorate the place and make it my own!! My theme for this year was "This is My Happy Place"....because it is!  I love my little house.  I love that it's all my own.  I worked hard to get it!  And I enjoy it, whether it's filled with family and friends, or just the nights that I'm on my own!  And I think that's all that one can hope for their home!!



I think the year three recap is my last!!  My home is always splashed throughout the blog, and I think for now that's enough!  Thanks for letting my recap the last three years here!  Cheers to many more!





Linking up with Shaunacey for Monday Moments of Gratitude...because I'm grateful for this roof over my head!!  And I know there are so many others out there who are struggling to make ends meet and find a home of their own!

8 comments:

  1. Love this post! Happy house owning - its great but a headache at times. I love that you live in an area where you can walk to where you need to go (most of the time)! I am in a very rural area so I can walk my daughter to school and to my favorite vintage/antique shop but that's it! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your posts!! I've missed your regular blogging over summer break.
    My mom use to have a wall hanging when I was growing up that said, "A house becomes a home when love moves in." I've remembered it all these years because it's so true. Once you start putting your own touch on things & making memories in your house, it truly becomes more homey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading these little snippets about your home! I'm happy that it is your happy place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is beautiful! What an awesome 'happy place'! Keep making beautiful memories and enjoy filling your home with more love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the way you speak of your home and the beautiful memories you're making there! Thanks so much for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, love it! Our 7 year anniversary is coming up in September, so true that the years go by fast! And I love that sign, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful to just be HOME? No better place. I am sure your mailman adores you...you keep him in a job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!