Monday, December 19, 2016

Mondays should be Optional....

Well this Monday hasn't been the greatest!  You know those days where nothing seems to go right and all you want to do is crawl back into bed and pull the covers over your head!?!  Today was that kinda day for me!  So I thought I'd share...sometimes blogging's good to get things off your chest!



I woke up late!  And on a Monday that's just THE WORST!    I don't know why but it always seems the case that if I go to sleep early, I inevitably wake up late!  Grrrr.....

Then, I forgot something at home and I guess that's what I was thinking about when I walked into school because, as I was walking into school, I slipped on some snow and bit it...in front of everybody.  Usually when I come in at 7 no one is in the parking lot.  Today we arrived at 7:40 and EVERYONE was arriving, so they saw me!  I laughed....and dropped my coffee!  I was more upset about that!  HA!  I joked that I'm not awake til 10 a.m.!  It's funny because I was walking up to the step and thinking I hope I don't slip on that snow mound, and then I did!  LOL
OH WELL!

The day turned around a little when a sweet co-worker surprised me with my favorite bagel-a salted with vegetable cream cheese!!

This morning, I was kicked out of my library for picture retakes , and I couldn't go into the computer lab because there was testing, so I seemingly had no home for a bit!  So the faculty room it was...but my teacher friends who know me, know I NEVER go in there, EXCEPT to make copies!  Because, quite frankly...it's gross!  LOL  But I survived.  And spent some time in there enjoying my bagel and covertly perusing Facebook and Insta on data because social media is blocked at school.

Finally, when I was allowed back in my library, my usual Monday morning resumed and I saw my 6th and 7th grade students which wasn't too bad because we are reading novels aloud.  This keeps them super interested and QUIET, which I relished in because this being the last week before Christmas break, it's really crazy town!

My day had a bit of an up kick again when a parent arrived to cover the lunch duty that I was scheduled for!  Woo Hoo.  By the time my day ended at 4:15 though I sorta felt like I had been hit by a mack truck.  So I just came home, turned on my diffuser and decided that my couch and I had a date for a few hours!

Now It's close to 10 ( I never post this late...but I will be honest here...this post might just be for me!)
I've showered and am headed to bed wishing this day to be over, and thanking God that every new day is a fresh start!

I hope your Monday was better than mine!

4 more days 'til Christmas vacation...it can't come soon enough!

7 comments:

  1. Man the worst way to start the week is waking up early! After that nothing seems to go well, at least you only have 4 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at a university, but this is really the worse week. I think that every one that is in education should just have December off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that your day started off rough...and I am soooo sorry that you dropped your coffee. I hope you ended your day with a nice glass of wine! You're almost to break...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today will be a better day. I love that you find the funny in the midst of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find the funny...you have to! And wine too...there's always wine!!

      Delete
  5. Ugh, spilling your coffee is the WORST! I've only wiped out at school once (knock on wood) but it was super early before everyone got there. Of course I skinned my knee, though, and all of my students wanted to know why.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!