Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Favorites: The Christmas Edition!

Happy Friday and Happy Almost Christmas!.  Since it's been such a long time since I posted my favorites on a Friday, I thought today I'd just share a round-up of some of my faves this holiday season!!  Because the cold weather is here, the tree is up and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

/ONE/  My New Tree!
After having a hand-me-down tree for the last few years, I decided that this year I'd get a new one.  I got a good deal on this larger tree over the Black Friday weekend, and decided I just couldn't pass it up.  It fits the space really well and I just love it.  And a big thanks to my mom, the queen of Christmas tree fluffing and bow making!  We had so much fun one night decorating the tree together!


/TWO/ Best Advent Ever\
Last year during the Lenten season, I strengthened my faith by participating in the Best Lent Ever Program with Matthew Kelly and Dynamic Catholic.  I really enjoy the program, so when I saw they also had a program for Advent I signed up. I am really enjoying the daily emails, videos and reflections that are preparing me to celebrate a more faith-filled  Christmas.


/THREE/ Christmas Festivities
Breakfast with Santa, Polar Express Day, Christmas parties and cocktails, oh my!  It's been a fun few weeks and is setting up to be an even more fun weekend!  Tonight I am hosting a small gathering of After Care Staff at my house! Being the admin of the program, I thought we should do something and figured it was a good tradition to start!  I am a little nervous, as I am so not a hostess, but think all will turn out well!  And it's Crazy Christmas sweater optional, so that's sure to add to the fun!!

SANTA!!!  I know him!!!

/FOUR/ Christmas Shopping...
I'm really excited that I am already all done with my Christmas Shopping!  I know it's the 16th, but for me this is a big deal!!  I did a lot of shopping over the Black Friday weekend and was able to get a good bulk of it done, and had been buying throughout the year...some stuff which I forgot about...HA!!  Now on to the wrapping!  Which I have yet to buy.  I will wrap  my family's gifts on Christmas morning while watching Love Actually and drinking mimosas.  It's my little Solitary Life Christmas Morning tradition!


/FIVE/ Christmas Home Tour!
On Monday I shared my home at Christmas on the blog!  Check it out here if you missed it.  It is always one of my most favorite posts of the year!



Thanks for stopping by today...Have a great weekend everybody!  Stay warm and cozy!


Linking up for Friday Favorites with Erika and the Girls!

5 comments:

  1. Your Christmas morning tradition sounds delightful! Love Actually is my favorite movie of all time and mimosas, well, enough said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to read your blog and I too think your Christmas morning tradition is terrific! Enjoy your family Christmas - selfishly we are looking forward to seeing your folks back in FLA! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to remember that Advent series for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously watched Love Actually last weekend while wrapping gifts...and I think I'm going to have to watch it again! I will definitely be having mimosas Christmas morning though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new tree! I did the Lenten series on your recommendation, but didn't realize they had one for Advent! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!