Thursday, September 28, 2017

September Reads with the Ladies of The Blended Blog!



Back to Blogging today to talk...BOOKS!!  My favorite!  

I feel like I didn’t do much this Summer! But I read...so that’s something!

Lately The Blended Blog Book Club has been mixing it up!  For September, three of our contributors, Sheila, Deena and Alison shared their favorite authors and recommendations from each to read.  

As I read the post, I realized that the book Deena talked about, Open House by her favorite author, Elizabeth Berg, as being a book she picked up long ago, for Oprah’s book club was a title I had gotten too, for that very same reason!  But I had never read it (or maybe it’s been so long, I never even remembered reading it).  Seeing that it was almost 20 years ago!!  

So I grabbed the book from my shelf, dusted it off, and started reading!

I really enjoyed the novel and wondered why I it took me so long to read it.  The main character, Sam divorces and finds herself opening her home to strangers to make extra money.  It’s her interactions with the people she meets during this “Open House”, that make the story funny, interesting and really great.  I also enjoyed some of the characters she met while working different jobs as a temp, too.    I liked and could relate to Samantha’s evolution and insight during this difficult time, even as someone who has never been married and laughed through the interactions with her friend, King, as someone who is navigating life as a single girl now.  

This was my first Elizabeth Berg title and I look forward to reading more from her!

Join us for October Reads and reviews on October 28th!

1 comment:

  1. Used to love Oprah's lists. I don't remember hearing of this title but will check it out. Currently reading The Handmaid's Tale. Kind of far-out. Will get 'er finished and then want to watch the series. XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!