Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Something's Gotta Give...


And I think it's the BLOG!

For NOW!

You may have noticed that I haven't been blogging!  I recently went back to school after a fabulous summer off basking in the sun and spending time with family and friends.  I thought when I was back and work, I'd have a better routine down and would be blogging more!

But then I got back to work and discovered that I have a new role (or roles).  In addition to my duties as my school's librarian and technology teacher for everyone is grades Pre-K through 8, I now also have my own homeroom and teach them Religion for a period a day.

After I found out that a new Science teacher would be hired for strictly Science, as opposed to having a homeroom like everyone else, the principal offered me the job!  I took it because they are a small class who I have known and loved for years. I wanted them to have stability and familiarity with someone like me.

But with the added classes, more homeroom duties, less preps, and more planning to be done (I've never taught this religion curriculum before and am kind of learning it myself!) it doesn't leave me a lot of time on my preps at work to do other things I used to do.  So now rather than blogging nights, I'll be taking lots of school work home.

While I get settled and try to get myself into a new groove, I think it's my blogging that gonna have to take a back seat.  I'll never give up blogging totally because I love it, and I'll still be posting from time to time on The Blended Blog!  But if you see me go silent for weeks at a time, you'll know why!

I appreciate you reading the blog and I appreciate your patience during this time! Blogging really is a highlight for me and brings me great joy, but right now I am putting my kids first...they're my first homeroom class in five years!  And I'm really excited about it!

Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how exciting! I completely know how you feel! I teach high school English, and I have had the same situation since returning in August. Good luck!! I taught religion in my first job ever, and it was a learning experience!!:)
    xxoo
    Mary
    www.BelleOnTrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. How exciting. I have. New role at my school as well. And while it's much different it's a lot to learn right now. I hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to you in your new role(s)! You are doing work that makes such a difference in the lives of your students - go for it!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for a new role at work! That's always exciting. I'm sure you'll have even more stories now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're taking on a lot but with such a positive attitude! Those kids are so lucky to have you! I can't wait to read about your adventures when you have time to post them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything is going well. Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!