Saturday, October 27, 2012

The blog before the storm!!

Batten down the hatches people....SANDY is coming!!!  Whatta bitch, huh?

As much as I love the prospect of no school at some point next week I could really do without the thought of being evacuated from the apartment sweet apartment (I do live close to the water now!) and the people out there who are acting like this is the apocalypse!!  I mean c'mon!! 

When my mother heard I was not really prepared for the storm the way I should be (see this morning's facebook status!) she suggested I go to the store and buy some candles!!  Big mistake!  Don't get me wrong...there were plenty of candles there.  People at this store were only looking for batteries and flashlights...and milk!  And I kinda wanted to tell that guy, "Sir, those four gallons of milk you are buying right now are all gonna stink up your fridge when the power goes out!!" but alas I kept my mouth shut.  The thing about this store, is that it only has one register (seriously!), so on a day like today, I waited on line awhile.  Because some old lady (who cut me by the way!) paid in all singles, then didn't have enough money!!  Just my luck!!  I did however, chat it up with a nice woman while I waited.  We discussed our hatred of Halloween and she said she really hoped we didn't get this storm!  Clearly, she has no television at home!!  I told her it was coming!  She also said I had a beautiful ring and wanted to know if it was my wedding ring.  I told her no, but I was available to meet her son, if she had one! HAHAHA...just kidding!! So now I am prepared for the storm with some very large candles and a flashlight!  And plenty of alcohol!  I figure if the electricity goes out, I can just drink a lot, pass out and sleep...not sit around in the dark all day!  And I think Gus has already started boarding up his windows!!  I mean, really he can't be serious!!  But I keep hearing a drilling sound and he keeps dropping shit!!  Construction is not his thing!

As I am writing this, I am eating ice cream.  Partly because I feel I have to eat it because if we lose power it will melt and partly because I woke up with a really bad sore throat and I can't really move my neck.  I thought the sore throat and the neck pain went hand in hand but now I have a different theory...I'll get back to this in a bit!!

Last night there was activity night for grades Pre-K to 2, so I rushed home and had to change into my costume, that was really not a costume...but more on that in a minute!  SO...I wore these new knee high boots to school yesterday, and I go to take them off...I get the left one off just fine but I could not for the life of me get the right one off!!  And I am not stupid...I did try to use the "left foot, on the right heel usual maneuver", multiple times and almost broke my toes!!   I started to panic and break into a sweat....what was going to do?  After about 20 minutes of this, I did the only thing I could think of!  I put my left boot back on, then tried the heel thing again...and it worked!!  I know as you are reading this I can tell you are thinking this all sounds a bit ridiculous....and I totally agree...but not as ridiculous as what happened later!!

Back to my costume that was not a costume... I was a cowgirl!  Dressed in something would typically wear to my country concerts!  I wore my cowboy hat, a dress, and my cowboy boots!!  Yes...you read right...I said BOOTS!!!! It happened again!!!  I could not get my cowboy boots off!!!  And this time it was worse!!  The using one boot to get off the other did not work this time due to the thin nature of my boots!!  I can always get off the left boot because that leg is more flexible!  But I can never get the right off!!  I shimmied, shaked, banged, etc!! I texted my sister and told her she might honestly have to come here and pull it off of me!  Because typically, she would!  (Another downside of this solitary life!!)  I can still hear her laughing!!
After about an hour of panicking and freaking out, it finally came off!!  Then it was a shower, glass of wine, and bed for me!!  That was just too stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lesson here is I should never again buy boots that are pull on, no matter how cute!!  I need zippers!!!!! 

So back to my sore throat and stiff neck...I thought they were related but now I am thinking that I can't move my neck at all because maybe I PULLED SOMETHING in it when I was trying to get my boot off last night !!!  I was quite the contortionist!!!  ONLY ME PEOPLE!!  ONLY ME!!!  My mom asked me this morning, why I didn't just go ask a neighbor to pull it off...and she was not kidding!!  Could you imagine???  LOL

Damn...I meant to get a heating pad while I was out!!!

Never a dull moment!

Until next time...be safe in Sandy and thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!