Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dear Alison

This being the holiday seaon, my fellow challenge friends and I thought it would be a great idea to reflect on these challenges and express to our fearless leader Alsion, how she has helped us!

Dear Alison,

As I sit down and try to reflect on what the 4 challenges I have participated in this year mean to me, I am finding it somewhat difficult. When I first saw your tweet about the inaugural Spring Challenge as a way for busy moms to get out of their yoga pants rut, I was definitely interested but wasn't sure it was for me. I was not a mom, or a wife for that matter...just a single girl into fashion. I tweeted you and was so happy you got right back to me saying the challenge was really for anyone who likes causal, easy pieces. I went ahead and jumped right in, joining. I had a similar style to yours and figured this challenge “thing” just might work for me. 
Little did I know that one challenge would turn into 4! The challenges are much more than styling clothes. It's women of all ages, different backgrounds and experiences, from all over the world coming together and sharing a love of fashion and style, but also boosting one another's confidence and encouraging one another. Women so often try to compete and end up tearing each other down. This group IS SO NOT THAT!! This group is a safe place where I feel comfortable expressing myself and sharing because these women have become my “friends”!  So many challenge outfits are my go-to outfits and I find myself reaching for challenge pieces more than all the others!  Most of all it's just a realy fun time!  And who knew that I would connect with so many other bloggers and we'd begin a series of blog posts around shared experiences, within the challenges, but extending way beyond.   You did that...you brought us all together!
As the year comes to a close, I just wanted to say THANK YOU...when I look back on 2014, it will be challenges that help define and shape it! Thanks for making me feel pretty both inside and out...My heart is full!  So is my closet!!  :)

Wishing you and your family a happy, healthy Christmas and all the best in 2015! 

Katie
The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life

**For anyone who has been reading the blogs and following along with us during the challenges, get in on the fun for yourself!  You won't regret it!  Find out more about Style Me Pretty Challenges HERE!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet, thoughtful letter, Katie. I know Alison will be so moved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!