Friday, October 9, 2015

It's Friday...YAY!

It's Friday!  And I have to say I pretty excited!!!  Tomorrow I can have coffee!!  LOL!! The week's been fairly quick!  It's already time for another Friday Five!!



{ONE}
This week has been all about the 5 Day Clean Eating Crockpot Challenge.  It's the brainchild of my bloggy buddy Casey at A Little Bit of Cheer.

Well, clean eating meant no coffee or alcohol!!  Crazy!!! I know!! And definitely NOT a favorite!   Considering this is usually me...


 But guess what...I made it!  And I know tomorrow that sip of coffee is going to taste unbelieveable!!  I'm headed out tonight, but since 7 o'clock Sunday was my last glass of wine, I think by 7 tonight, if I have a glass, I'll be ok and it won't be a fail!  The recipes were so yummy!!  And I enjoyed preparing and eating them.  I joked in the group that it was Early bird special style for me this week. The meals were ready when I got home and smelled so great, I was eating by 4:30.

Living this solitary life I do, you can imagine all the leftovers I have!  I actually shared some with 2 of my co-workers!  And I saved two recipes to cook over the weekend because the timing didn't work with my schedule.  I even worked out, with the quick easy workouts that were provided and walked to and from work everyday!
Just one of the delish crockpot meals!!!!
All and all it was a great week and I will definitely be making these recipes again.


{TWO}
I did pretty well with the no coffee!  I only got a splitting headache at like 8 p.m. Monday.  Which I kind of thought was weird.  To get rid of it I put peppermint oil on my temples and on the back of my neck, and almost instantly, it was gone! The same thing happened when I woke up in the middle of the night with horrible pains in my stomach.  I rubbed some lavendar across my stomach and the pain was gone! I am becoming a serious believer in essential oils.
Young Living

{THREE}
It was a rainy Saturday here where I lived last weekend, and I will freely admit I didn't do much!  I watched movies all day!  I know it got seriously panned as one of the worst movies ever, but I watched Blended and thought it was really super cute...also kinda of stupid, too, yes, but it had it's moments.  It was by no stretch of the imagination, The Wedding Singer (a movie I've seen probably 100 times!) but still...am I alone in this??  Has anyone else seen it??


{FOUR}
Is anyone watching The Voice?  I am and am really enjoying it.  I've been singing this song ALL WEEK!!  I'm not really sure why but I just can't stop singing it!  Mainly just the chorus...and this kid is really great!



{FIVE}
 I had really sweet moments with some of my kiddos this week that made me smile and are definitely favorites!  One 1st grader told me that she can't wait to be a librarian like me!  One Pre-Ker who didn't know the mouse from monitor or even how to hold or click the mouse on week one came into the lab today, hopped on the computer, clicked google chrome, found ABC YA all by herself on the Library/Tech page, and proceeded to play unaided the entire time!  I was so excited for her!! Another little Kindergartener just blurted out in the middle of the class, "I love you Miss Mitchell".  Ordinarily I'd be upset at her calling out, but I was so taken aback.  How could I be mad at that!?!  I do After Care and Homework Club at my school.  During HW Club I help the kids with their homework.  And can I just say, fourth and fifth grade math is HARD!!  HA!  This week it was really a struggle.  I stayed beyond homework club time to help a student who was struggling and making her corrections.  When we left, she asked me if I was staying for the rest of After Care.  I told her no...and added my own "Woo Hoo" because I was headed home but she said, oh man, I love it when you stay with us the whole time!  I might've felt a teensy bit bad that I added that Woo Hoo!  And on the very same day, when a Kindergartner saw me enter the After Care room, his face instantly lit up , he came running over to me, and gave me the biggest hug!!  My heart melted!!  Even on my worst days, I can find a reason to smile!!  {Thanks for indulging me with this one!}

Hope you had a great week too!!  Let me know how you've been in the comments below!!  Have a great weekend!!

Katie

Linking up for all the Friday Fun with:
ErikaAndrea, and Narci for Friday Favorites 
September Farm and The Farmer's Wife for Oh Hey, Friday!
April and the girls for Five on Friday
Jennie for Friday Favorites
Caitlin and the girls for High Five for Friday

The Diary of a Real Housewife  Coffee with Caitlin

8 comments:

  1. There's a stomach thing going around.
    I got it....and it was BAD. So so BAD.
    Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it through the challenge!! Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend ahead, Katie! :) xo - Brenda // http://www.chattingoverchocolate.com/2015/10/five-loves-on-friday-almost-disney.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Blended. It was really cute. Have a great weekend!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great coffee and wine filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love any movie with Drew and Adam in it - so I will check this out. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seriously so proud of you for your efforts this week! :) It's HARD!!!! Enjoy your weekend filled with wine and Crockpot leftovers! LOL! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. How was that glass of wine?!?!?! I would be interested in some of your crock pot recipes. You are a great teacher/librarian. Every day I come a little closer to going back for library/media....maybe one day!!! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your sweet successes with your babies at school. Isn't it a wonderful feeling to have a student want to grow up to be a librarian? Kind of a random career choice unless they have been inspired by a great librarian like YOU!!! Loved the clean eating and recipes with Casey. We ate the chili all week. I need to move onto the other recipes because PC loved the chili. And the teriyaki chick! I didn't realize we weren't supposed to be drinking coffee or adult beverages. Oops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!