Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday Faves


Ya'll GUESS WHAT?!?!  
I MET JENNY!!!!

Fellow single gal and blogland pal, Jenny from Much ado about Jenny! It was so much freaking FUN!!!  And it certainly deserves a blog post all it's own, but I will say this...she's as sweet, kind and funny as her Instagram posts and blog portray her to be and you'd imagine!!  It felt like we'd known each other for forever...not meeting for the very first time.


Nordstrom Sale!
What does it say about me that I go to bed at 2 and wake up at 6 to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale???  But how could I not?  I placed a few orders online yesterday and may go back for another go around.  My only hope is that I don't love everything when I get it and can return a few things. :)


I Love You Stew!
Another favorite for me this week was my first ever visit to Stew Leonard's.  Stew's was never ever on Long Island, but I've been hearing about its' greatness from my friend for years.  It made it's way to Long Island earlier this year. Actually I mentioned in my 2016 Long Island Bucket List that a visit to Stew's was high priority.  Well Monday was the day!  And I was not disappointed.  Great prices, fun around every turn, fresh hot food bar and a beer bar...for growler fill-up! (But only on the weekend...so I already know a second trip is in my near future!  HA!!)  We had lunch there also.  There are picnic tables and a large tent outside to do so.  Seriously...so fun!
And there's even photo ops!!  So fun!!


2nd Annual IHOP Day!
Well I made it to IHOP last year for their 57cent pancakes and we went again this week...but it was the 58th anniversary so they were a cent more.  it's tradish now!!


GARTH!!
My bestie and I headed to Yankee Stadium on Saturday to see Garth Brooks.  The show was great...when it got started!  A storm forced them to keep pushing the show back and he didn't start playing til mere minutes before midnight!  So basically we saw Garth on Sunday! HA!  He is amazing as I heard he was and it was a once in a lifetime kind of night!  We talked about as young high schoolers we wanted to see his free show in Central Park, but alas, we were too young!  So this was it for us...no matter what time he came on!  And he did not disappoint.

He has a song called We Shall Be Free, which is almost 25 years old, but today, is relevant as ever. Has this not been just the most tragic summer?  How much more will this world have to endure?  Please take a listen to the words...and see if you agree!


Have a great weekend!!


Linking up today with Erica and the girls for Friday Favorites!




5 comments:

  1. So jealous that you saw Garth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing a great things about Garth's tour! Great point about his song. It's been a really sad and scary summer. Can't wait to here more about your blate!

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Garth was amazing. He's such a legend! I have got to mark my calendar for IHOP day next year. I had no clue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Garth still went on just before Midnight, that is amazing! Such a great guy to let the show go on! :) And fun meeting another blogger, love when you just have that connection right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo happy to hear that you and Jenny met up- I think she would be a blast!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!