Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Soup Group Blog Hop!


It's Tasty Tuesday around these parts, and for something a bit different today I'm joining some fellow bloggers for a Soup Group Blog Hop.  So if you've landed here from Gail's Blog, thanks so much for stopping by...I hope you'll stay!

While I am not much of a cook on the daily, I do break out the crock pot a bunch of times during the Fall and Winter months.  I love the comfort of a hearty soup or chili...especially ones that will last me a few days!

I'm sharing a recipe today, that's not my own, but one I absolutely love and each time I make it, I swear it comes out better...LOL  A few years ago, I joined Casey for a Clean Week Challenge that was just for crock pots.  It seriously was so much fun.  Today's recipe was actually the very first of the week, and ended up being my favorite!  I've made this every Fall since the challenge.  I passed it along to my cousin actually and she entered it into a chili contest among her neighbors where it won rave reviews.  I do believe she kicked it up a notch with some spice!! Over time I've made it less "clean"

Here's my version the recipe:

Fall Chili....because chili is kinda in the soup family, right?  :)

It's lots of ingredients but it all gets thrown in the crock pot!

1lb. ground turkey, lean
-brown in skillet before throwing in crock pot!

1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 green pepper, diced
1 cup of frozen corn

1 15 oz. can Fire Roasted diced tomatoes (basically now when anything calls for diced tomatoes, I use the fire roasted!  So good!)
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
(the Clean version of the recipe calls for low sodium tomatoes...over time, I've grabbed what I can get!  LOL)

1 15 oz can of each:

  • chili beans
  • kidney beans
  • black beans
1 15 oz can pureed pumpkin (not pie filling!)

1 TB chili powder
1/2 TB cumin
Salt to taste! Add at the end...you make not even need any.  I add a dash of pepper also!

Shredded cheese and scallions to garnish at the ending when plating.

When the meat is cooked, place everything in the crock pot and stir to combine.
Cook on low 6-7 hours or high or 4-5 on high.

I always prefer the low setting!  



The finished product!  YUM!!


Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope you'll try this recipe, and when you do, please let me know what you think!  I'd love to hear!  

Now please hop on over to Penny's blog to see what delicious-ness she has in store for you!!

10 comments:

  1. WEll the pumpkin puree, threw me for a loop. Does it make it taste pumpkin'y? Not a huge fan of pumpkin...but it sounds really good. I need to make some chili, this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This chili looks great! Perfect for a fall day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting....I'm definitely intrigued by the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This chili is sensational. The pumpkin really makes it special!

      Delete
  4. This is quite different to my normal chili recipe, but sounds delicious! I'm guessing the pumpkin adds something new to the texture, I've certainly never heard of adding that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try...It's yummy!! Thanks for stopping by the blog!!
      Take care!

      Delete
  5. I love a good Crock Pot recipe! This sounds delicious, and I bet the pumpkin makes it smooth...if that makes sense! Also, cute graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you shared this recipe. I will pin it because I have lost the print copy I had from Casey's challenge. This chili is soooo good. Hope everyone will try it because the pumpkin is like a secret ingredient that just makes it more flavorful.

    My crockpot and I are BFFs. Need to try to use my InstaPot more but it makes me think. I don't like that! I can use the crock pot in my sleep.

    Thank you so much for joining me on this blog hop recipe swap adventure. So glad you are back among the blogging! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!