Friday, October 19, 2018

Friday Loves


It's been FOREVER since I've shared a Friday post!  But last weekend, I spent some time with my blogging tribe! We ate, we drank, we shopped and beached!  And we talked The Blended Blog and Blogging.  I left feeling like I need to do more...wanting to do more!!! 

Today over at The Blended Blog we're sharing our love of fellow bloggers with a new (maybe old!) Feature Friday!  I'm heading on over there to link up my post...you should too.  Feeling rejuvenated on the blogging front, I read more blogs this week as well.  Here are some of the blogs I've loved this week.

Shaunacey spent the weekend with us in Hilton Head, but when she returned home to Barrie she was headed back to work after a year long maternity leave (three cheers for Canada's Health Care!!).  Before her first day, she shared a fabulous post that tugged at the heart strings...even for this non-mama!  I maybe loved it too because she centered the post around the song Seasons of Love from Rent, one of my favorite musicals!!  Read Shaunacey's sweet post here!




The teacher in my has had a hard time getting back into the swing of things myself, but I'm excited because Halloween is just around the corner.  The kids love Halloween, and I love the day off we get after it.  LOL  But I've been scouring Pinterest for some ideas to use in my library, and came across this super cute craft at I Heart Crafty Things.  Instead of using it in the library though, this year, my 6th graders are going to do this with their Pre-K buddies on Halloween.  So back to Pinterest I go!


I've been following The Single Woman, Mandy Hale  for years now! I've read all of her books, follow her on Insta, and just really enjoy her voice.  She's been posting leading up to her new book, You are Enough, that's out next week, and I'm getting super excited about it!!  Single or not, she's a good read.  Check out The Single Woman here!



I've posted lots of love for the clothes and ladies at Piper Street Shop on the blog.  So last week when they announced the store was closing after 5 years, I'm not gonna lie...my heart broke a little.  I love Sarah and Jenni, their clothes, and the love they show their customers on social media. I will for sure miss them!  The store is closing so that means deep discounts for customers.  Read all about the store's closing and their finals sales on their blog here.

I think this Kimono was one of my first Piper Street purchases!  It's still a fave!  I loved it so much I bought it in two colors!!


The last time I really blogged, Michael from Frankly, My Dear commented.  And ever since then I've been following her blog.  This week she posted a Bookish Q&A which I loved and hopped right on board with.  Yesterday I even posted my own version!  I'm so glad Michael found me and am so glad to now be able to follow her.  Check her out here!


How much fun was that!!  I'm heading over to The Blended Blog to link up...you should too!!

Have a great weekend!!!


2 comments:

  1. Rent is my fave too. If it comes back to NYC I come and we go together and drink all the beer. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun read, sorry to hear about Piper Street closing. I can only imagine how hard it is to run an online boutique. Halloween is a fun time at school - the kids get so excited regardless of their age. Lucky you getting the day after off from school - that never happens in FL unless Halloween is on the weekend - ha!
    xo,
    Kellyann
    www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!