Thursday, October 18, 2018

Bookish Q & A!

A few days away with some of my favorite TBB Girls has got me all excited to start blogging again.  And even though I didn't have my act together for a Wednesday fashion post, I'm getting back in the game with all things BOOKS.  I was excited not too long ago to find, Michael's blog, Frankly, My Dear.  This week she posted some Bookish questions to answer and since I had Book Club last night, I thought it'd be the perfect place to start back up!!  Michael got the questions from Tanya at A Mindful Migration.  Glad to have found these blogs.


Here are my answers to Tanya's Questions:

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
I like hardcover and trade paperback, but most of all I like large print books best!!  Easy to read and since I'm a huge supporter of my public library, I figure less hand have touched the large print books, right? 


Amazon or brick and mortar?

All of the above!  And definitely these days, my library!  I can request any book and they'll get if for me!  It's THE BEST!!

Locally owned bookshop or big name chain store?

I so wish we has a locally owned bookshop in my town!  I live in a town that has recently had a revitalization and in polls, believe it or not, a book store is the thing residents ask for most often!

Bookmark or dog-ear?

Bookmarks! I never dog-ear a page. As a librarian this is what I teach my students, so I'm practicing what I preach!!

Alphabetize by author, alphabetize by title or random?

I have books everywhere, so I'd say mostly random.  But I do keep my series together of course!

Keep, throw away, or sell?

I have a lot of books...and have kept them all for so long, even though I never really re-read.  I share and swap books, and donate.  I'll never throw them away, unless they are absolutely destroyed.  

Keep dust jacket or toss it?

Definitely a keeper!!  Makes the book look so pretty on my shelf! Why would anyone toss it?

Read with dust jacket on or remove it?

On until I read so much that I can't use it as a bookmark anymore...then I'll put it to the side.


Short story or novel?

I've read some wonderful, memorable short stories that I just love (Miss Brill is an all-time fave!!) but more often it's a novel that I'm reaching for.

Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)?

Collection for sure!  If I'm being honest, I don't ever recall reading an anthology!!

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?

I like to stop at chapters but sometimes I just can't keep my eyes open!!

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?

I'll take any hook that draws me in!!

Buy or borrow?

These days: Borrow!  I have a great public library and I just don't have anymore room or money to spend on books!!


A recent library haul!

New or used?

Since I borrow so many, I'll say both.  But I do love the first  crack of opening a brand new book!

Tidy ending or cliffhanger?

I like the tidy- ending!
Morning, afternoon or nighttime reading?
I read whenever I can...morning , noon, or night!!

Single volume or series?

I'll read anything. When the Harry Potter series came out, it was fun to wait for  and receive the newest one in the mail each time.  
Favorite series?
Harry Potter!

Favorite books read last year?

I'm trying remember if the Art of Racing in the Rain was one I read last year or if, now that we're in October, if I read it earlier this year!  But I LOVED it.   I have to check my Goodreads!  I also really enjoyed The Man Called Ove, which I know I definitely know I read last year!  LOL

Favorite books of all time?

Ooohhh great question!!  The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell.....FANTASTIC!!!  The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah is an all-time fave, as well as Rebecca, that I read in High school.  And WONDER is just my favorite!!!  Every human needs to read it!!


Now it's your turn! Answer these questions on your own blog!  And let me know in the comments below so I can hop on over and give it a read!!

5 comments:

  1. I like large print books as well but mostly because I dion’t like reading classes. I also use the library, and I always have a huge stack of books. I’m going to check out a few books you mentioned. I keep track of my books on Goodreads, as I do the challenge. I think I’m at 35 right now.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having you back in blogging world- also.... what a great idea for questions for our TBBASKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you joined in! The Art of Racing in the Rain was AMAZING! I just read that this summer. Hit me in all the feels. I'm going to look for The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell. Also, I didn't know you were a librarian - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! I will have to answer these questions next week on the blog. I am with you on the library though. I grew up going to the library weekly and I still try to get over there at least every other week if not more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I answered these same questions a few months ago. Fun! Have recently added Sam Hell to my to-read list after having seen it among everyone's all-time favorite books. Now I know I have to read it, if you loved it so much. Glad to see you are blogging again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!