Friday, July 4, 2014

Five on the 4th

Happy 4th of July!  Hope you're enjoying the holiday with friends and family doing something fabulous!  How great is it that it falls on a Friday!?! Who doesn't love a three day weekend?!?

I thought today I'd share some of my favorite things about the 4th!

ONE:
Fireworks...of course!
Even if I've only been to live fireworks on the 4th a handful of times in recent years, I still enjoy them!  Most years we're just watching the Macy's 4th of July Spectacular  on TV.  And it really is spectacular!  So pretty!  I like fireworks! Those annoying fire crackers...not so much!

TWO:
Family
I always spend the day with the family at someone's pool and if we're lucky...the weather's perfect!  Hurricane Arthur seems to be putting a damper on this year's plans but it'll still be a heck of a party...it always is when we're together.

THREE:
The 4th defines SUMMER!
To me the 4th IS Summer!  It's not like Memorial Day, where everyone has to go back to school the next day or Labor Day that signifies the end of summer! It's a little hotter, a little more relaxed,  everyone can stay out later...especially this year!!


FOUR:
Fashion
I'm not gonna lie...I dress for the 4th!  In the past I've worn the trusty Old Navy Flag T, something with stars and stripes, red, white, and blue, etc.  This year I was planning on donning the Old Navy T once again but then I found this dress (sold out now) at Hippie Chick Boutique.  I'll be going { "off challenge" } for the day but I can't wait to wear it!

FIVE:
My Favorite Patriotic Song
God Bless the USA
This is an old song from the 80's that had a resurgence in 2001 after the tragedy at the World Trade Center and again 2003 when America went to War with Iraq once again. It's a great song, makes me proud to be an American,  and  boy can I BELT IT OUT!!!     =)


Have a Happy Independence Day America!
Katie


Linking up with Lauren @ Style Elixir and her co-hosts today for Fridays's Fab Favorites!
&
Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute, festive dress! Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!